iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who are the musicians here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who are the musicians here?
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of a certain drummer from across the pond and a certain guitarist on this end of the pond...Are any of you others musically inclined? I do session work here and a reasonable amount of live stuff. Just think, a retro band called "the Rewinders." how novel... [Big Grin]
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1886

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for shaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sing and boyf is percussionist (bongo's, kit drums and jambo).

Have you heard of a band called Jiggle the Handle?
I don't know what they're like as they're unknown in the UK I think but i'm cousin to one of the guy's in the band.

shaz x

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Jaymi you big bald dude... My apologies again (i feel so silly).

My voice is my instrument ive been a singer for ages, still struggling but i will make it, there is no doubt in my mind.

My influences are Portishead, massive attack and my favorite artist is David Bowie.

What about you?

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't sing but I play a mean triangle!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Triangles are important!?!
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1886

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for shaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit:

My influences are Portishead.

Everyone say's I sound like Beth from Portishead.

shaz x

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I come from a family that is artistically and musically gifted. Unfortunately I am niether. I like the 80s, thats what I'm good at.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL @ Ali! triangle-yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

i also come from a family with musical talent. my dad sings and plays piano/keyboard. a lot of my cousins/aunts/uncles sing as well.

when i was in 2nd grade, i took piano lessons to learn how to read music. now, i do everything by ear and memory. i want to learn drums, but i would look silly playing.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoa ali, you are a RETRO AMBASSADOR..how snazzy [Razz]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali you play the trianle???? I play the Spoons!!! [Big Grin] I can also play a mean pot or pan whateveris available!!!
But seriously, I really do evny those of you that do have actual musical talent for I am lacking in all aspects of music. In the musicals that I have done they told me not to sing just sit there and look pretty mouth the words. My specialty was dancing and acting...All the world is a stage.... and I'm sure we are all the biggest hams out there! If we weren't we wouldn't be at this site!! [Wink]

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to sing, but good luck getting me to sing for ya. I have a little stage fright...actually it's more like person fright. I can't sing infront of a hand full of people but put me on a stage where I can't see who's out there and how many are out there and I'll sing!!! [Smile]
Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play acoustic slide guitar and some blues harp.
And oh yeah,…I can whistle the theme of ‘Jaws’. Does that count??? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
Wow Shaz thats so cool, My friends say i sound a bit like beth too but she is a million miles away from me she is F*!king Excellent... I would like to hear your stuff Shaz!

I met Beth Gibbons earlier this year when she done her concert with Rustin man (Seasons) She is so cool... Have you heard that album its so different.

[ 08. October 2003, 03:55: Message edited by: Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit ]

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I'm also jealous of those of you that have musical talent. I do enjoy acting a bit, but I love music. It's just too bad music doean't love me! I was thinking of trading up my triangle for a tambourine. Sad thing is, I think I might need lessons. [Frown]
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic Jaymi! Yes, I play piano. I started playing by ear when I was 4 or 5 and then took lessons in order to learn how to read music. I've been playing ever since. Definitely a good stress reliever. My grandfather played violin and alot of other instruments by ear so I owe him any talent that I have [Smile] .
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing Guitar for about 12yrs, and singing for about 6. [Smile]
Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
quote:

I can't sing but I play a mean triangle!

Yeah, you and Ed Grimley! (Martin Short's character from SNL)

[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home