iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's baseball (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's baseball
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the best team of the '80s? It would have to be between the Cardinals or Dodgers. Dodgers won two WS and lost the LCS in '83 and '85. Cardinals won one WS and were runner-up in two.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to see all the other Brewer fans on here!!!! I love the Brewers and they've been doing pretty well over the years since this thread was started. No World Series appearances but at least they are making the playoffs or at least competitive a fair amount of the time.

Speaking of 80's and baseball, it's almost time to watch my favorite baseball movie, Field of Dreams. I watch this every year right before the season starts.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx for bumping this topic. I luv baseball. I will be putting a few things on here but going to start with this Kevin Mitchell catch. 1989

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u0MzrYPm4w&feature=player_detailpage

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady Beware so needs a DVD release, I have an old VHS copy. I love that thriller!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Living 20 minutes from Royals stadium in a suburb of Kansas City Missouri was great as a child. We would be the first ones through the door in right field GA sometimes at $1.50 a ticket.
Getting past those darn Yankees in 1980 was huge afyer getting knocked out of the playoffs three times by them in previous years.
Also George Brett batting around .400 most of the year was very memorable.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

This sticks out to me.
the Cubs on WGN All the time and
the Braves on TBS all the time

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home