iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Names is for tomestones baby !!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Names is for tomestones baby !!
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there,I was just scrollin' through some of our most recent posts and I got to thinkin' 'what a diverse range of names we all chose to use here'!! So I was wonderin' where did you get your names from? I know that some speak 4 themselves e.g DEVO,U2BONOMAN,McFLY and of course RIVERPHOENIX4LIFE etc etc.But then there are some of us who are a bit more mysterious e.g PAULSHRIMPTON(he he).
So...how did you come by your posting name?
Wanna share? As for mine...! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At a job I worked at yrs ago they used to give all the new employees nicknames. One guys nick was Rehab because he went to Nascar races and needed the following Monday to well Rehab from the partying. Anyways Im a person who sweats alot hot or cold Im a sweater. Its a gift and a curse because it looks like Im busting my A55 when Im not. So one of the old timers says to me " Damn everytime I look at you youre sweating, youre like a downpour a monsoon." It stuck and given some of the other nicknames(Pigpen among others) they giving out to others I was really pretty happy with it.
I actually took to finding as many different spellings for Monsoon as I could. I had 12 at onetime.
So MONSOON is the nick I try to always use cause its got a history for me and its a fun one as well.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link about the source for my name here.

Samhain

There also was a punk group with this name headed by Glen Danzig

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine's just my name [Big Grin]
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jaymi, My real name is Jaime too... Are you a Lady as well?

I cant really say in full detail but
Jessica Rabbit 2 cos my bloke says i am the human version of her and Russian cos i love vodka.

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow a vodka drinking Rabbit [Eek!]
It's like a crazy dream !! [Confused]
A prize [Razz] to anyone who can guess the origin of Smayt Gateford. [Cool]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has it got something to do with being a BACHELOR?
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smayt Gateford:

A prize [Razz] to anyone who can guess the origin of Smayt Gateford. [Cool]

I know! I know!
Isn't that the main character of 'Bangkok Chick Boys'? [Razz] [Eek!]

I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I last saw it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
No way man...! you're thinkin' of SMIDGE FLOODGATE star of Bankok Chick Boyz 2:Clinical Mistake.
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
Whats the prize anyway?
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
My un-dying lurve and amazement for figuring it out. [Big Grin] Oh Ok theres a pizza in it.
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me guess,… the prize is: A perfect DATE with THE SMAYT? [Smile]
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
Forget the pizza!?!

Your lurve is enough x

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about....

Smayt is from ancient egyptian (the name of a singer or chantress?)

and

Gateford is the town in Nottinghamshire, England where either you were born or you live now.

[Smile]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I wish I had the time too look. I am going to go with Pauls reasons. I could be and might be wrong.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessica dahling, I am a radically bald dude...

To answer your question.... [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
This was your question
quote:

Hey Jaymi, My real name is Jaime too... Are you a Lady as well?

I cant really say in full detail but
Jessica Rabbit 2 cos my bloke says i am the human version of her and Russian cos i love vodka.

Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
Weird... Sorry Dude! Its the way you spell it i thought you was of the fairer sex... Silly of me really as Jamie is mostly a boys name... Please forgive me. x
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
not to worry...I have heard many times the fact that my name can be either male or female. Actually, I changed the spelling because when I was in junior high, the Bionic Woman was very popular and her name was Jamie Summers..I got called that plenty and ended up in a bunch of fights which of course put me in the principals' office all the time. The spelling I chose is not as common and at least a little more memorable. It looks good on the credits for the records I have played on...(shameless plug for other post)

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
What records have you played on?
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Just wanted to say that The Shrimpmeister is on the right track !!
Although it's nothing quite as deep as his Egyptian theory.What was he thinkin' with that???

Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
quote:
What records have you played on?
A bunch of contemporary pop stuff here. I like most everything but country. I am working on a progressive rock record using a lot of my 80's motivation...( as I sit here listening to Duran Duran)

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smayt, did you mean to type SMART but mis-keyed, and don't know how to change it?

[Smile]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Actually I have a problem distinguishing Y from R.
For example: I like to hang out in the gayden.
We have a local baywatch in pubs.
Oh it's a cuyse!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home