iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 16!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16!!!!
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,
well tomorrow is my birthday...sweet 16!!!! oooh yeah! Well, in the midst of its arrival it got me thinking about what all of you experienced in your 16th year. Since I know many of you were teenagers in the 80's I think it might be fun to reminisce about that year in ur lives. U know, what u did for your birthday, great memories from your highschool. Give me something to look forward to this year.

Tootles! [Wink]

P.S. The first I'm going to do tomorrow morning is watch my sixteen candles dvd. Tis goin to be a fabulous day!

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RP4L,

Happy Birthday! All this time I thought you were in your 30's! You seem to have knowledge that goes beyond your years. My sister's birthday was today. A lot of my family has October birthdays also. My 16th was in 1989, the end of the 80's practically. NKOTB, Richard Marx and Debbie Gibson ruled the charts. I can't recall specifically what I did, but I know I had fun. I might have gone to see a movie that night, but can't recall it. Anyway hope you have a blast!

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx for the comment Riptide! I only wish I coulda been 16 in 1989. By the way, congratz on your crossover to senior dude! Very nifty!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Woopsie, I meant from Senior dude! [Big Grin]

Tootles! [Wink]

Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday RP4L!

Sweet 16 eh, hmmm...

Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

16, man 1991 was a while back for me.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

16, man 1991 was a while back for me.

We are DEVO

1981 for me! Yeegads! What a time though. Oh the things Id do differently knowing what I know. Then again theres more I wouldnt change than would.
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Thanx everyone! [Big Grin]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday to you!!!!! I hope you have a great memorable one. I remember I turned 16 in 1984- and that was the beginning of my junior year in high school, and probably the best and most fun year I ever had in school. It was full of football games, and my first real boyfriend, and the whole dating scene- I got my class ring that year, and my boyfriend lost it- which isn't a great memory. I remember wearing his, and wrapping yarn around it-so I could wear it- like a different color to match whatever outfit I was wearing each day. I got my first job that year. It is a great time in your life, because your old enough to do alot on your own, but your young enough to not have any major responsibilities, and it should be a great time period of your life!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny River, I have a rare thing in common with you that I went to high school in Mission Viejo.

16 was 1992 and a pretty forgettable year at Capo Valley. I wanted to be home writing or watching 80s flicks, lol. One reason for going: there was this girl......

But happy berfday and good luck! [Smile]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
That's sooo funny that you wENt to Capo Valley! I almost went there, but they built a brand new school my freshman year, and I decided to go there instead. I live in the houses around Mission Viejo Lake. Ever go there? I'm there like evryday!

tootles! [Wink]

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*throws confetti*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hope that you have had a good one [Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another reason why it's great to be 16. You can now have a: "Liscense to Drive" !! Another great hilarious movie!!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
River, my absolute favorite restuarant was the old Sizzler on the lake, where you had that great view through the booth windows.......then they went and closed it! I used to take all my new dates there, they loved it, lol.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
I remember that. Yeah, it closed down a couple years ago, I think its now a sushi bar or something. I always go to Tortilla Flats. Its a great Mexican restaurant, i love their lobster quesidillas. Hmmm! [Big Grin] Oh, sorry to everyone who is reading this and doesn't give a dam! My bad, my bad. lol.

Tootles! [Wink]

TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! [Big Grin] OF COURSE!!!! [Razz] 16 was quite dull for me but I'm hope it is great for you!!! [Smile]
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Thanx TresFoxy!!!! [Big Grin]

Tootles! [Wink]

P.S. Don't stress over ur name. I quite like it actually! [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home