iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who knows 80's Anime?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who knows 80's Anime?
Roundpeg
Rewinder
Member # 1960

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roundpeg   Email Roundpeg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been trying to find an 80's anime movie for years now. I believe it aired on HBO, but not sure. It must have been one of the first Anime movies to hit the states. Probably mid 80's.
The story was about a girl who was on a planet somewhere with all of these big bugs that were mad about something. All of the bugs had many eyes and their eyes were red from being angry. Anyway, the bugs are stampeding across the planet and she is trying to find a way to calm them down. Towards the end, she ends up right in the middle of all of the the bugs and somehow calms them down. Then, all of their eyes turn blue to show that the anger is gone. The bugs all looked like giant rolie-polie bugs. I hope this makes sense to someone out there, because I remember really liking the movie. It seemed to me that it was a really long, epic-like anime adventure. Thanks for any info.

Posts: 37 | From: Grew up in Florida (Go Dolphins!) Live in Germany | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember this movie, but not the title [Razz] , I wanna say "Nausica", but don't quote me on that. [Wink]
Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roundpeg
Rewinder
Member # 1960

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roundpeg   Email Roundpeg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you sooo much! You know how annoying it is when you want to remember something but can't? I hate that! Anyway, you were exactly correct. Thanks so much. To anyone else who reads this I highly recommend this movie. I guess the best version is Japanese with English subtitles. I have already found a seller on the internet. This movie definitely has an 80's feel to it.
Posts: 37 | From: Grew up in Florida (Go Dolphins!) Live in Germany | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're Welcome. [Smile]

Glad I was able to help, I liked this movie, but haven't seen it in quite a while, I'll have to check it out again. [Smile]

Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home