iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I Need help on a movie!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Need help on a movie!!
papa-t
Rewind Curious
Member # 1956

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for papa-t   Email papa-t   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am new to this site and not sure of what goes on here but I have been looking for a movie I saw in the mid 80's and it has been buggin" me for 17 years. I saw it on cable (HBO) in maybe 1985 or 86. I only saw the last 10 minutes as I was channel surfing. I'm sure it was a futuristic sci fi flick and I didn't recognize any of the actors so it was probably low budget. I never saw it again or since and I am amazed as HBO usually plays everything to death. The only vivid thing I remember is the final scene where the bad guy is killed by the good guy inside an old building high up in the air. It is old and lots of antiques in the room. There is a long conversation before the final battle which is probably explaining the bad guys reasons for being evil. There is a woman involved somehow. It reminds me a lot of that movie with Darryl Hannah where she plays that killer cyborg?? Bladerunner? It has that kind of feel about it. My mind gets foggier with age!!The real vivid memory is when the credits are rolling there is a haunting melody with a woman singing a single phrase over and over. She is almost whispering it. It goes "This is what you want-- Then this is what you get." I know it isn't much to go on but if anyone has a clue it would first of all be amazing but I could then get that GD phrase out of my head! Thanks Papa-T
Posts: 1 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alisae
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 588

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for alisae   Email alisae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. Does Lukas Haas star in this movie. There is a person who keeps singing this Did you ever hear somebody talking well I did. The title is Lady but I can't remember the rest.

Thank you.
Alisa

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The Lukas Hass movie is Lady in White back in 88, but I don't think this is the movie you are talking about. I could be wrong though.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a slim chance you're talking about 'Slipstream' (1989). [Confused] http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0098350/
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be Trancers (1985)?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0090192/combined

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Could it be Trancers (1985)?
No it's not 'Trancers' ( [Cool] ) and the sci-fi setting rules out the 'Lady in White'
Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't think this is correct, but how about highlander??
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
i don't think this is correct, but how about highlander??

Definately not The Highlander, I love that movie and know it scene for scene. [Big Grin] lol
Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya, i took a guess...never saw highlander hehe.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
ya, i took a guess...never saw highlander hehe.

[Eek!] you've never seen it Ronnie?!?!?!, omg, you gotta check it out, it's killer. [Cool]
Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

so i hear [Wink]

i just marked it on my list of movies to watch.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home