iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Worst use of a single song in 80's film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worst use of a single song in 80's film
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the post about best use of a single song now how about one that totally did not go.

I would have to say----and please this is only my opinion------that the Commodores song in the Last American Virgin was over used. I mean that movie was okay but it just ended odd.

Anyhow what is your opinion of the worst song or songs chosen for an 80's film.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the end theme for Sylvester Stallone's movie COBRA was truly dire.I can't think who sang this dirge but I seem to re-call it being called Voice Of American Sons. It was something like that.But it should have been called(and sing it with me now) Corny Cheesy Crap. Although looking at that now makes me think of some kind of sadistic corn snax.
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had to look this up and herein lies the answer. I'm a bit dissapointed really as I hoped it might be Frank Stallone. Now I've got to think of the worst use of a song... I might be some time.
Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home