iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 'The Couch Trip'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'The Couch Trip'
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the movie 'The Couch Trip' with Dan Akyroyd (1988)?

When escaped mental patient John Burns assumes the identity of a psychiatrist, his unorthodox practices soon cause headaches for his 'Colleagues', even in a city as frenetic as Los Angeles. And when the eminent doctors discover the truth mayhem will follow.

There showing it tonight (BBC1) and I was wondering if this movie is worth staying up for. I don't remember ever seeing it.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

TKO, ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz, make a trip to the couch ASAP.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Realy, that bad huh???
Well, guess I'll follow your advice then. [Wink]
Didn't get much sleep yesterdayzzz...

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, Walter Mattau is great and Dan Ackroyd is up to his high standards (he's gone downhill since the 80s I feel).
If you're tired then don't bother staying up, tape it and watch it when there's sod all on tv.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TGhe Wizard wrote:
quote:
...Dan Ackroyd is up to his high standards (he's gone downhill since the 80's I feel).

I have not seen "The Couch Trip", but I do not agree that Dan has "gone downhill" since the 80's.

The main difference with Aykroyd in the 80's and today, is that he is now taking on more serious, dramatic roles.

In 1989, he appeared in "Driving Miss Daisy", and was deservingly nominated for an Supporting Actor Academy Award for his role in a serious movie.

Since then, he has appeared in several more serious movie roles, and very good performances too, proving that he's more than just a funny actor.

Aykroyd is another proof that comedy actors can successfully make the transition to serious roles.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Couch Trip was pretty good. The stuff during the radio show is some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a film. Pervert callers and Aykroyd's frank reactions are hilarious. The rest of the film is ok, but doesn't compare that radio stuff.

Aykroyd tried directing with Nothing But Trouble, but that was the beginning of his decline. Exit to Eden and all that kinda stuff he did in the 90s.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TKO - tape it and catch some zzzz's. That way, you can skip the poor bits and just watch the Radio Show stuff over and again. Tomorrow. And actually, I like the movie, and so it'd be good to hear your views on it, as someone who would have only just seen the movie.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Aargh,… I could just spank myself.
I was going to tape this movie like you suggested, but what was expected happened:I fell asleep ( yes, on the couch, Devolution ) and forgot to set the timer of my VCR. [Roll Eyes]
And since most of you guys actually liked this movie, I feel even worse about it. [Frown]

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Does no one hear my pleas?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did someone say something?

[Wink]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home