iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Did I hear that right?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did I hear that right?
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know it's funny now looking back at some of the 80s songs I used to love. It's funny because at one time or another I butchered the words while singing along because I didn't know exactly what they were saying. At one time or another I thought I was singing the right words until someone would laugh, persecute me and then correct me. Alot of the time they didn't even make any sense. Some of my flubs were:

Peter Cetera, Glory Of Love

Actual lyrics "It's like a Knight in shining armor froma long time ago, Just in time I will save the day, take you to my castle far away"

My lyrics: "Stock of night it's shining armor from a long time ago. Just in time I'll see the day, take to too my gato far away" note; a gato is cat in Spanish I do believe.

Dexy's Midnight Runners, Come On Eileen

Actual lyrics: "Poor old Johnny Ray Sounded sad upon the radio He moved a million hearts in mono"

My lyrics: "Poor old Johnny Ray so he sat upon the radio he move a million herats to unknown"

Actual lyrics: "come on Eileen well I swear (what he means) at this moment you mean everything, with you in that dress my thoughts I confess, verge on dirty , oh come one Eileen"

My lyrics: "Come on Eileen, oh I swear i'll be mean, at this moment you mean everything. You cause me stress and my thoughts I confess cause your dirty, oh come on Eileen"

Well anyway you get my point. This is just an example of my mistakes. Anyone wanna share?

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NottoocoolJulie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1580

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for NottoocoolJulie   Email NottoocoolJulie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gap Band-"You dropped the bomb on me, baby"

I thought-"You're just a bumblebee, baby"

INXS-"Suicide Blonde" sounds like "Soup and Salad Bar" to me..

Posts: 59 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali & and anyone else:

You will be interested in a website dedicated to songs with misunderstood or incorrect lyrics.

http://www.kissthisguy.com

Enjoy! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NottoocoolJulie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1580

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for NottoocoolJulie   Email NottoocoolJulie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]
Oh my Maude! Thanks Steven for that link! I'm not the only one who thought INXS were singing about a soup and salad bar! That is amazing..

Posts: 59 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"with you in that dress"??? Is that what he says??? I always thought the line was "RIP OFF THAT DRESS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of my faves:

Bring Me A Higher Love....my cousin thought it was "Bring me a pie or Love"

Take a piece of me with you (everytime you go away), mistaken for "take a piece of meat with you"

Huey Lewis in Back in Time says "please dont drive eighty eight!", for a lot of years I thought it was "please dont drive me to eat!"

MJ with the kid is not my son, I thought was "The kid is Mike Tyson"

Frankie with "When you want to suck to it"...no wait, he really did say that! [Wink]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes the Rolling Stones

"You make a grown man cry" is always "You make a crow-man fly" to me.

Check out Misheard lyrics. Immensely enjoyable.

Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are all so funny! I just remembered another one. Kenny Loggins I'm Alright from CaddyShack.

He sang "I'm alright, nobody worry 'bout me. You gotta gimmie a fight, why don't you just let me be"

I used to sing " Ham on rye, nobody worry bout me. You gotta to give me a bite, why dont you just let me be"

By the way, I really enjoy the links to the sites with other lyrics gone wrong. They are hilarious!

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eri
Rewind Curious
Member # 1974

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Eri   Email Eri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know whether this song is from the eighties or not .. but i always got it wrong ... my X husband used to take the P all the time ....

The song is 'Love on the rocks' by 'Neil Diamond'

The proper lyrics are ....
Love on the rocks,
Aint no surprise,
Just pour me a drink,
and I'll tell you some lies

I always sang ...
Love on the rocks,
Aint no surprise,
pour me a drink,
and I'll fetch the ice
?!?!?!?!?!
[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

Posts: 5 | From: Middlesbrough, UK | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
HAha, what you thought kinda made sense though. Welcome to the board Eri! [Smile]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one song that I can think of that I am sure I have gotten wrong, is More Than A Feeling, by Boston... I can't even tell you what the correct words are, because I don't know them-obviously- but I know the stuff I am singing doesn't make very much sense, and I am not even sure if they are actual words that I am singing.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home