iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » HALLOWEEN HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HALLOWEEN HELP
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I KNOW YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE 80'S MOVIE EXPERTS. I am having a halloween party and i need you to help me choose some real spine chiling SCARY movies... No corny crap!
I was never allowed to watch em when i was young so now i have not got a clue... HELP PLEASE!!!

Ive never seen fright night is that scary? It looks quite scary...

Please help i havent been scared silly for so long.

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloween
The Shining
Carrie
Nightmare On Elm Street
Candyman

Im guessing this fits in the time frame of a party. there are so many more,but if I had limited time,thats what I would play.(Warning:The Shining is over 2 hours long,so might be too long. if so,replace it with The Lost Boys).

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Carrie is a good one i forgot about that... Yeah give me some really freaky films that make your eyes water. Thanks peaches.
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no,wait...replace Shining and Lost Boys with Evil Dead 2. Thats a REAL freaky-deaky! (Another freaky-deaky is Texas Chainsaw Massacre.) See how tough this is? You'll have to have TWO partys!!! (Hellraisers another good one,and if you like Nightmare On Elm Street 1 you'll LOVE Nightmare On Elm Street 3!!!!!!!!!!)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
Believe me Mr Kruger gave me nightmares for years thats about the only movie i did see when i was little!
Texas chainsaw massacre sounds good...
I like it i like it keep em coming.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the ones that scared me, are probably harder to find:

He Knows Your Alone
Silent Scream
Don't Go in the House
Death Weekend
Silent Night/Deadly Night
Curse 2
The Stepfather
Cujo
Waxworks
Witchboard
The Omen
Slumber Part Massacre
Terror in the Aisles-covers it all
New Year's Evil
Schizoid
Happy Birthday to Me
My Bloody Valentine
April Fool's Day
Piranha
Night School
The Fog

The 1st and second Friday the 13th's, and the 1st and 2nd Halloween, Fright Night is a good one, especially if you have a younger crowd.

I am having a Halloween party too. Of couse- I can not wait. I have been planning it for month's.
Good Luck.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe isis i would love to attend one of your parties..if that was possible [Frown] .

sadly, i have never been to a halloween party or an 80s party at that [Roll Eyes]

have fun everyone!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Ronnie, I'd love for you to come! I might be in a magazine this month, I have to find it.. it's 30 minute meals, does anyone get it?
The lady that is the editor, called me last month, I had sent pictures in from our last year's party to Taste of Home, she called and said they loved it, and might have room in the Oct/Nov issue of this other magazine. But, I don't get that one, I just sent in for it, if anyone gets it or knows where I can find it let me know.

My party is Oct. 25th at 6PM, but I don't think anyone from here lives close enough to me to come. Every room in my house is going to have people in it for the night, I don't even know where I am sleeping that night-my son's whole class was here last year, and will be this year, and alot more people that we have meet. My house is pretty big-it almost 3000 square feet-I have 11 rooms, but I think people will be sitting on the porch. Last year was a blast, I decorate like nothing anybody has ever seen, and even do the fog machine and black lights, and my brother -in-law- is the head baker at a restaurant near here, that is actually semi famous-it's on the food channel all the time, so he helps me with the food, and it is awesome. I am even going to dress as Isis this year. I found an egyptian costume, and I have these black go-go style boots, and I am looking on different sites for a long black nice wig. I am really excited!!! Everyone should get to go to a cool Halloween party in their lifetime. I always have had them, and it seems like less and less people even think about doing one each year. But, everyone loves to go to them. There are so many cool games, we get the Ouija board out, play Halloween Bingo,pin the eyeball on the monster, hot potato to the Monster Mash ,wrap each other with toilet paper, it's a blast! I have all kinds of door prizes. We watch scary movies all night, and pig out!!

Does anyone else miss when Halloween was fun, did anyone go corning as a kid?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Hain
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Sam Hain   Email Sam Hain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what halloween party would be complete without a showing of the movie

Trick or Treat

??????????

Posts: 56 | From: Bismarck, ND; hopefully Phoenix, ARIDzona come spring | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Isis, you are only a couple of years older than me, but we have exactly the same taste in movies, I have seen all of those. But, if you want really not going to sleep at night look no further than Pet Semetary, especially if not that many people have seen it. What a great friggin movie. Piranha? It's a Disney Short, it's a scary movie about something that exists in the Amazon. In Piranha 2 they fly!!! How dumb was that?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Belauan   Email Belauan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo..I have to agree with you on that on Pet Semetary)..I saw it while I was in college and I couln't sleep for days...and I was away from home...all alone.. [Frown] ha..ha..

my favorite is:

It's Alive (80's?)

Isis:

THey have cool wigs at
hollywood-costumes.com and buycostumes.com

Posts: 58 | From: Palau | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
Yeah Cheers Isis Good luck with your party too.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Devo,
Piranha 2-The Spawning, it is really dumb, but it was gross-and it was James Cameron's directorial debut.
But Piranha-the first one, Disney?? It has Heather Menzies who used to be on Logan's Run, and I thought it was great cause the effects were so realistic, it was made by the same people who worked on Gremlins, because alot of the same actors are in it. There are parts of it that are so creepy. Barbara Steele is in it, who plays the psycho in Silent Sceam, she is scary when she is playing a regular person. I totally loved that movie-it came out in 1978 though.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I forgot Prom Night-that is a great party movie!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see Trick or Treat there (1987), although it's not scary it's priceless sseing Skippy Handelman from Family Ties come back as a dead rockstar.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Belauan, thanks for those websites, I looked at the hollywood-costumes one and it was really cool, I am sending it to my friends that don't know what to wear yet. I know what I am gonna be. I found a wig through www.wigs.com It was probably more expensive, but ya never know I could like wearing it-haha. I never really wore one, other than for a witches costume-which is usually what everyone does, cause it's one of the easiest costumes. Do you have different season where you live? You probably don't get an autumn in the tropics, huh? Probably sounds like a dumb question. I couldn't stand not having fall, it is my favorite season. I love the trees changing colors. I hope others check out those sites, they were way cool!
Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Belauan   Email Belauan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis:

no seasons here..it's a tropical isle...I wish we have four seasons like you...I love autumn and spring...but my fav is autumn..
You're gonna be Isis on Halloween? For me, I think I'll go as Medusa... [Mad] ..ha..ha...

Posts: 58 | From: Palau | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Now you are talking!!!
Prom night rocks!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am going to actually be Isis for Halloween. I found an ID Badge on Ebay, with Joanna Cameron's picture on it, and I got this Egyptian outfit, and I got this long dark haired wig, and a egyptian headband, and I have these go-go style, black leather boots, with huge heels, and I'll probably fall down the steps- we went shopping all day and I found some awesome decorations-at a place called Party City- that was really cool, I got earrings that look like snakes-but that was Cleopatra-but who cares. Target had some cool stuff too-I got this great big arbor thing- that goes over a walk way, it has a mural of a haunted house on it, and kids walk through it, and it has these streamers hanging down, I think it's so cool. Halloween Rocks!! I hope everyone has a fun one!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just thought I'd tell everyone- I am Famous now too..My picture of my Halloween Display was just published in the Taste of Home magazine for Oct/Nov it is on page 49. They sent me a complimnetary issue today. I am not sure if it is out on the stands now or not. But, I am so excited, 5 million people subscribe to that magazine.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home