iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Bands/ Songs (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's Bands/ Songs
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's some of you favorite bands?? Here's some of mine:

Cinderella-The Last Mile, and Gypsy Road
Journey-Stone in Love and Girl Can't Help It, Send her my Love, Feelin that way,
Styx-Lady, Best of Times, Too Much Time on My Hands
Foreigner- Renegade, Cold as Ice, Say you Will
38 Special-every song they have ever done!
REO Speedwagon-In your Letter, the whole Infinity albumn
The Knack- My Sharona
The Little River Band-Night Owls, Man on your Mind, Lonesome Loser
Laura Branigan-Self Control, (all of her greatest hits)
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts- Do you wanna touch, I love Rock N Roll,

I listen to music constantly. I like a variety of every kind of music. There are tons of songs I could go on forever on this topic!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great choices isis. I love everyone of those picks especially Foreigner and .38 Special. I miss rock music being in the mainstream. I never could get into rap.

Some of my favs go to Van Halen, Aerosmith, Bad Company, Motley Crue, Boston, Matchbox 20, Al Green, and Led Zeppelin. [Cool]

300 Posts. [Big Grin]

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Police, 2. Black Flag then maybe The Misfits, Discharge and about a million others... [Wink]
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love The Police too.Synchronicity II and Don't Stand so Close to me
Billy Idol-Eyes without a face and Flesh for Fantasy- big time 80's songs.
Hall and Oats- everything they have ever done-especially Adult Education, Family Man, Rich Girl, She's Gone

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Ok, we know that I am nuts, but if you didn't think that I spent the better part of my late teens and twenties collecting every 80's song that I could find on CD, then you don't know DEVO.

Better Albums that I like
ABC - The Lexicon of love
DEVO - Freedom of Choice
Police - Syncronicity
Def Leppard - Hysteria
B-52's - Cosmic Thing
Yaz - Upstairs at Eric's
Duran Duran - Seven and the Ragged Tiger
Everything by Weird Al 80's wise at least
REO Speedwagon - high infedelity
Oingo Boingo - nothing to fear
The Specials first album
Huey Lewis and the News - sports

those are some off hand,

I specialize in one hit wonders - not necessarily from soundtracks, but just really good songs, I was sort of an important person before Kazaa came around, but now that everyone is getting sued, it's ok I could become important again.

Name the song, If I don't have it I will not lie, but if I do I won't either.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Isis, yeah I have Cinderella's Long Cold Winter too, that album rocks.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with isis that 38 special songs are all awesome.

and devo..high-five. ABC songs are great! i was listening to them yesterday afternoon on my way to the movies.

i love pretty much anything by the following:

big country ("wonderland" is a great song)
the cars (all)
the cure (all)
depeche mode ("but not tonight" & "somebody" are my faves)
duran duran (all)
flock of seagulls (all)
hall & oats (saw them in concert last year! "so close" is my fave song. their new album is great too)
howard jones (all)
the human league (all)
icehouse (all)
missing persons ("walking in l.a." rocks, but i love all the songs)
new order (all)
oingo boingo (all their songs are great, especially "we close our eyes.")
the outfield ("alone with you")
the police (all)
prince (all)
roxette (all)
scandal (all)
talking heads (all)
toto ("i'll be over you")
U2 (all!)
van halen (all)
when in rome ("the promise")
yaz (all)

gosh, there are so many more.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My list is pretty much the same as yours, Ronnie.
Except for Toto and Roxette .
A few ones I like to add are:

- Madness
- The Clash
- Huey Lewis & The News
- Billy Idol
- Foreigner
- Talk Talk
- Stray Cats
- The Smiths
- Yello ( Oh Yeah, I Love You, Vicious Games )
- ZZ-Top ( Eliminator, I just loved their videos )

And too many one hit wonders…

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Ronnie, I love Toto too, I can't believe I didn't put them down, I like: I won't hold you back now,
I also liked Expose, Howard Jones, Genesis-Follow Me-is my favorite-but I love everything they do.

Def Leppard was just here in concert, and I almost went, I love the whole Pyromania album,

Does anyone else remember Aldo Nova- they are like my all time favorite band-I can't believe I haven't mentioned them yet- Ball and Chain, Fantasy, It's Too Late, They are great!

I like One Hit Wonder too, Devo!

Heart and The Thompson Twins, and Culture Club are some more I just thought up.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I goofed on REO Speedwagon- the albumn I like is High Infidelity-sp? I just got it on CD just a few weeks ago, and I said Infinity-that's Journey-I am pretty sure.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] sheesh, how could i have forgotten HEART! thanks for reminding me isis [Smile] heart is great. i listen to them often. i too, could name so many one hit wonders that i enjoy. i listen to music about 50% out of every day (usually). i walk around with headphones on constantly and i am mostly playing 80s music or classic rock.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I remember my brother loved the song: Love is Like Oxygen -I think it's by Sweet, I think Sugar Ray took the music to it and remade it in to another song. He also always liked :The Breakup Song- which might have been a one hit wonder.

I liked Donnie Iris's : Love is Like a Rock

I like alot of 70's music too- Bread, The Bee Gees, Jim Croce, Kansas, Linda Ronstant, The Eagles

I love the song: In to the night by Benny Mardones, and Hot Child in the City, and Foxy on the Run.

I just saw a new CD, being advertised, that had a bunch of songs on it from the 70's and 80's, I have to get it.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Has anyone else ever sang the X-rated version of Billy Idol's Mony Mony? They played it at my wedding, and everyone was singing a "new" version of it, I wondered if anyone else had ever heard that version too?
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i like "the breakup song" by the greg kihn band, who also sang, "jeapordy"..another good one.

wow isis, you are on a roll hehe. "into the night", by benny mardones is a damn good song as well. (one hit wonder yes?)

i had forgot to mention billy idol. i have his greatest hits, but it is still sealed. i never knew about an x-rated "mony mony." that is news to me.

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

The X-rated version of Mony Mony, started in NYC back when the song first came out by him. We all sang the words. I don't know if the words came from us, or if it was a real song. No one was singing a "new version" Everyone I knew always sang it one way. I can't write the words to the song on here.

Anyway, Greg Kihn rules, his album , Kihnspiracy, hahaha, Fox on the Run was by Sweet.

Love is the Drug is another good one, but there is one song that I don't own, Tarzan Boy by Baltimora, (yeah I know that he died), the only place before Kazaa was on The teenage mutant ninja turtles soundtrack, no thank you.

We are DEVO

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
[Eek!] sheesh, how could i have forgotten HEART! thanks for reminding me isis [Smile] heart is great. i listen to them often.

Did you know that Nancy Wilson from Heart is married with Cameron Crowe ( Fast Times, Say Anything,…)?
She also had a small appearance in the excellent movie ‘The Wild Life’ as David’s ( the cop ) wife.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm into the more obscure 80's stuff like Strawberry Switchblade, the Bongos, Landscape and the Comsat Angels. I think it was those great Rhino New Wave Hits of the 80's comps. I just wish they made more than 15 volumes, there still are a lot of hard to find gems that they could put on them.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

{Did you know that Nancy Wilson from Heart is married with Cameron Crowe ( Fast Times, Say Anything,…)?
She also had a small appearance in the excellent movie ‘The Wild Life’ as David’s ( the cop ) wife.}

YES TKO! i have the wild life on vhs. great flick, indeed. and actually, i wasn't aware of nancy and cameron's marriage until a year ago. thanks to vh1's BEHIND THE MUSIC: HEART [Big Grin]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I remembered one of the best 80's bands, how could I have forgotten to mention:

LOVERBOY- they are one of the best, When it's Over, The Kid is Hot tonight, Lucky Ones, Jump, Workin for the Weekend,

Also, The Cars, and Blondie!

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Riptide, you will never guess what loser has just about all of those Rhino New Wave Hit's of the 80's albums. His name starts with D and rhymes with Evolution. Yeah I collected everything I could find.

Isis, Loverboy???, I am sorry I have to admit, I have the Get Lucky album, with Red Leather pants and the crossed fingers, oh how tacky.

We are DEVO

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing i don't have in that New Wave Rhino comp. is the Christmas volume, I had a chance a while ago but passed. I also have Volume 1and 2 of the video compilations, but they should have made more. Also want to find the More music from Valley girl CD, ebay's a bit scary for that one right now. As for Loverboy, they are a real guilty pleasure, just about every Friday in Canada, some DJ is playing Working for the weekend. Makes you want to start wearing headbands again right?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I remember in the late 80's, when I had my first apartment, me and my roommates would stay up either watching mtv or listening to music constantly, that's when mtv played videos. I remember the song Heart and Soul by T-Pau played all the time, and Cowboy-by Bon Jovi- who also was great in the 80s.

Does anyone else remember Friday Night Videos? I loved them, and back then is when Solid Gold played all the top 40 songs, every song was a good one. I can't stand the music now, because every song has a swear word in it.

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

I also have More Music From Valley Girl.

We are DEVO

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Is More music from valley girl still in print? I have the first one but not that one. Are the liner notes just as good as the first one?
I loved all hit videos on Friday night, unfortunately I was most intensly into music when the 80's were dying. Still love that T'Pau song, what's their other material like?

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Isis, you mentioned "Cowboy" by Bon Jovi are you talking about "Wanted Dead or Alive"?

Yeah, but again "I live in the city" (another good song)I only bought the album at BEST BUY a couple of months ago. The liner notes are really good. Ahhh.... liner notes on a compilation album, brings a smile to the face.

We are DEVO

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home