iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » British Kids TV Shows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: British Kids TV Shows
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

who used to watch the likes of Worzel Gummidge with John Pertwee, Mr Majeika with Stanely Baxter, T Bag, Grot Bag, Timmy Mallet in Whackaday, Mike And Angelo and Knightmare.

ahh the memories, i used to so love all this stuff. still do but aint seen it in years, Saturday mornings were great with Going Live, little Gordon the Gopher, Ed the Duck and Trev and Simon. Comedy genius lol

stir up any memories for anyone??

Baz

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have an Ed The Duck puppet and mug. I don't get them out too often though...

Were you the only one in your family that could understand what Ed was saying?

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1886

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for shaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww Baz, I used to love Worzel Gummidge.

Do you remember Danger Mouse and the Pink Windmill? (Grotbags)

shaz x

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you with Sky TV, Dangermouse is still being shown daily on Boomerang (channel 603)
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Rentaghost is on DVD, I remember watching it as a kid and generally I like collecting cartoon VHSs from the 80s (even have that Roland Rat video with a heap of sketches on) but Rentaghost is one I will definitely leave alone!
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sladey
Rewinder
Member # 1804

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sladey   Email sladey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone remember TRAPDOOR? i used to love that
Posts: 32 | From: wiltshire,england | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Trapdoor is a classic, shame it's not on DVD.
Do you realise just how subliminally rude The Trapdoor is?

Trapdoor backwards is Rood Part
Drutt backwards is Tturd
Boni backwards is (well you get the picture)
but the rudest one of the lot is Berk as it's rhyming slang so bad I daren't even mention it's rhyming slang here...!!

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Catweasel? (sp?)

Does anybody remember 'The Double Deckers'?

Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the double deckers?
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does any one remember...

Round The Bend (With the rats and crocodile that lived in the toilet)

Your Mother Wouldnt Like it

Fun House (its a real crazy show where anything goes)

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What was the double deckers?

A gang of kids whose base is in a junkyard in an old double-decker bus. Let's look up the IMDB... oops! turn's out it was in the 70's. But here's the IMDB link anyway
Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
Cheers Banshee
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey

yeah Fun House and Round The Bend were great, used to watch them all the time.

i always wanted to go on fun house, and the go-kart part near the end. lol

Baz

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok being an American really none of these shows rung a bell except for Dangermouse! It was on TV here in the States in the late 80's I remeber watching it on Nickolodeon when we went to my Grandmothers house. We didn't have cable growing up. But Dangermouse was quite fun!! [Smile]
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home