iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » School in the 80's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: School in the 80's
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember, in primary school when you got to watch those really bad educational shows like Look And Read, and the maybe some of you from across the pond would know this one, Ghostwriter, cause that was American, although i think it was maybe just into the 90's. The main character was called Jamal Jenkins or something and they had ghostwriter pens, youd write on the paper, and the ghost would write you an answer back, and they solved mysteries or something, lol

how totally cheesy.

Baz

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willman85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1215

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for willman85   Email willman85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol! Oh yeah, I remember that!
Posts: 72 | From: Hertfordshire UK | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember watching a thing called: The Big Blue Marble???
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FontanaG
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for FontanaG   Author's Homepage   Email FontanaG       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Big Blue Marble in Space of course but I can top that I grew up watching the Banana Split Show, H R Puffinstuff with Freddie the Floot, and lets not forget the Bugaloos. [Cool]
Posts: 59 | From: FontanaCA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FontanaG- Me too! I have alot of those shows on tape! [Razz]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikie_CA
Senior Rewinder
Member # 369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mikie_CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol. I can remember being in kindergarten or 1st grade around 1980-1982 and I was hooked on The Great Space Coaster and H.R. Puffenstuff. After school it was Scooby Doo for me.
Posts: 66 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Yeah, The Great Space Coaster was awesome, I still know the words to the theme song.

It came out about 82 or 83, I think it played till about 86.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Words and Pictures" was the show I remember the most. I recall a badly drawn little man talking about the alphabet and numbers etc.
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jones4Rio
Rewinder
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jones4Rio   Email Jones4Rio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember any of that, but I DO remember watching films for class on FILM with a projector. The whole nine yards. In fact, I think the first time I ever saw "The Miracle Worker" was on film like in the 3rd or 4th grade at school.
Posts: 48 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, school in the 80's was a good time. I loved coming home and watching Scooby and Tom & Jerry. I also remember when Fraggle Rock came out. It was like this big deal cause it was a new set of muppets so to speak. The Doozers were the coolest [Razz] !

Mikie and Fontana, I loved H.R. Puff. I mean come on, a little talking golden flute...how could you not love it? I watched alot of Sid and Marty Kroft's shows. What about Sigmund The Seamonster. How friggin' cute was he??? LOL!!

Land of the Lost used to freak me out, yet I would torture myself and watch it. Those creatures with the big black eyes...sleestacks, I believe they were called. I used to run out of the room whenever they appeared...ahhhhh [Eek!] !! They kind of looked like aliens when I think about it now...weird.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember vividly watching Bill Cosby's Picture Pages, that is where I think I got the drawing bug in school. I went to school in Canada, up to grade six, we had to sing the Canadian anthem and God save the Queen before class started. Hard to believe. I aslo remeber those scholastic books you could order which had games in them, Nancy Drew, Encyclopedia Brown, movie books like Indiana Jones, etc. I also remeber actually buying chips when the bags were made of paper. Also hard to believe.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home