iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Greatest American Hero

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greatest American Hero
Bings2003
Rewinder
Member # 1914

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bings2003   Email Bings2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastically funny show from the eighties. I'll never forget the first time the hero flew and was all over the place.

Great theme tune too.

Posts: 31 | From: Sheffield, England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved that show too! I loved all superhero shows- #1 being my Saturday Morning favorite : Oh, Mighty Isis! And The Bionic Woman, Six Million Dollar Man, The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, and I also loved Charlies Angels, Grizzly Adams, BJ and the Bear, Chips, and The Dukes of Hazzrd-do they count?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bings2003
Rewinder
Member # 1914

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bings2003   Email Bings2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW,

Grizzly Adams, I forgot about that. Brilliant program. Chips is on Satellite in the UK now....cool.

Do you remember the eighties Spiderman live action series. They were seriously corny. He never fought any super bad guys but he always ended up losing a fight to some "thug" in the middle of the episode.

Posts: 31 | From: Sheffield, England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sladey
Rewinder
Member # 1804

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sladey   Email sladey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How cool was the A-Team!!! they always went to a shed with a piece of wood and a match and came out with a gun
Posts: 32 | From: wiltshire,england | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bings2003
Rewinder
Member # 1914

Rate Member
The badguys would also crash their car and in mid air it would roll. Once the car had landed they would just get out and dust themselves down.

So so funny.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I remember Spiderman, of course..Joanna Cameron- who playted Isis, stared as a newspaper reporter for a tabloid magazine, in my favorite episode- The Deadly Dust!! I hope to be getting some new episodes here soon. I liked Nicholas Hammond-he wasn't the most masculine guy, but he was a way better spiderman than Toby Maguire.
It was an awesome show.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin S.
Rewinder
Member # 1555

- posted      Profile for Kevin S.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bings2003:
Fantastically funny show from the eighties. I'll never forget the first time the hero flew and was all over the place.

Great theme tune too.

I LOVED that show too! [Smile] Major props for reminding us about this TV series. I totally forgot about how much I adored The Greatest American Hero, it was definately one of the underrated 80's gems. It was cut waaay too short, I don't think it even got to finish it's 3rd season in 1983.

I remember the character Ralph lost the instruction book to the red supersuit. And those aliens were never around when you needed them to give another copy. Though now that I think back, I seem to recall an episode where the aliens (or greenguys) came back and gave him a new instruction book---but he lost it again!! [Roll Eyes]

I also remember in that 3rd year Ralph did get a lot better at the flying and all the other super powers, even without the instruction book. That was probably what did the show in, they made him become so good at the flying and the other powers, he became too much like Superman and the series lost it's original charm of having a uniquely confused superhero.

[Smile]

Posts: 50 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home