iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Garbage pal kids

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Garbage pal kids
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does any one remember 'THE GARBAGE PAL KIDS' movie, the garbage pal kids were puppets and there was a little boy in it who was in love with a fasion designer girl called 'APRICOT' please let me know if you remember and where i can get it.
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved that movie when i was a kid, the only way you can get it now is to but the old video, maybe from ebay etc.

i have it on vcd, transfered from video obviously, i managed to get a few things i really wanted this way, the good thing is it will never degrade like a video tape will. i got old duck tales cartoons etc also just recently i got every episode of "Dungeons & Dragons" cartoon, not on vcd though, divx format for the pc, and the quality is not so great, but hey what can we do when all this stuff isnt out on dvd yet, phuh

Baz [Smile]

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember the movie, but I still have about 150 of the sticker cards! They are worth some money!!
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gosh i haven't seen the movie since the 80s, when i was little. but i remember some parts about the movie. i did a search a while back and was only able to find copies of it on ebay. (new and used)
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Yeah the garbage PAIL kids, yeah I still have all of mine (about 500 or so)

The movie was bases on the characters from the second series of them.

I have the whole set, last estimated value about 200 dollars

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats excellent thank you, i stumbled upon my old sticker cards the other day it reminded me of the film.
Baz your a cool dude, i loved dungeons and dragons when i was a kid it was the best.

What parts of the film (garbage PAIL kids) do you lot remember... was there a bit when one of them gets sick in someones face?

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe honestly, i remember one of the kids, FARTING..and another kid with snot coming out it's nose (to be blunt). i also remember "tangerine", the girl. and i remember the boy, played by mackenzie astin (who also played "andy" in the facts of life) and his crush on tangerine. i think ...at the end of the movie.. he stops liking her for some reason, but i may be wrong. that's all i can think of [Wink]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

whoa i just checked the credits on that film. hehe the girl is named "tangerine" not apricot [Big Grin]
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
YEAH... I remember all that... Apricot use to lead the boy on and then dump him, she ended up being a real bitch so that is why the boy didnt like her anymore.
I used to pretend to be her in school but i used to pretend to be all the cool girls, like kelly lebrock as lisa in weird science. how bout you who did you wanna be?

Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
OH NO I CANT BELIEVE I GOT IT WRONG. HA HA HA APRICOT...
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Yeah the Mackensie Astin was the kid, and I just there was Greaser Greg, Messy Tessie, (she was total boogers) Foul Phil, and Ali Gator, like I said, most second series cards.

We are DEVO and this I believe was post 200

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bings2003
Rewinder
Member # 1914

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bings2003   Email Bings2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bazman,

Nero 6 is a burning program that will convert your divX and AVI files into VCD or SVCD for you.

Posts: 31 | From: Sheffield, England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Bings2003, but its a little more complicated than that. Nero is an OK program for making VCD's from AVI's but i normally do the proper encoding myself, using the normal collection of programs, VirtualDub, TMPEGEnc etc, this gives best quality conversions.

the problem with the cartoons is that they are encoded with an odd frame rate eg not your standard, 23.976, 25, 29.97. so a standard conversion would make the cartoons a little choppy, this can be fixed but to be honest the quality isnt good enough to spend the time. (im a bit of a perfectionist, lol)

so for now ill keep them on divx, i also have the whole season 3 of the old TMNT on divx, and all of Star Trek The Animated Series.

on VCD i have the new first season of TMNT, a few Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, new Spiderman etc, excellent format for archiving stuff, if only we could all the old stuff on this format, if companies are too stupid to release them on dvd,

Baz

P.S. They started releasing the old He Man cartoons, yay

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home