iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » John Ritter's death....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: John Ritter's death....
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has just totally dragged me down today. Maybe the greatest physical comedian of the last thiry years. He has a baby too, plus three other kids he leaves behind. That new show of his will end, the cast must be overwhelmed. Whenever Threes Company comes on, even if I know all the lines, I still watch. So glad he at least did the E! Hollywood Story on it before today.

Crazy that Mr. Furley would outlive Jack [Frown]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A sad, sad day.

I am going to have to hit the Regal Beagle right after work.

Either that or I will hit my head in the bathtub and wake up with 2 roommates.

Here's to you Mr. Ritter.

"...Laughter is calling for you."

We are DEVO and we have seen every episode of Three's Company.

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a newswire story.

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/7399797p-8343046c.html

Rest in peace, John.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take my hat off to the man! I grew up watching his shows and still watch it on nick at nite.

He will be missed!

Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh no ..you guys...i did not know this until i read this thread. i fell asleep last night watching three's company.

[Frown] his memory lives [Frown]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know it either, I am glad you guys post stuff like that, because I don't when I would have found it out. What a total drag. That is such a terrible tragedy. I loved Three's Company. Did anyone see anywhere, if anyone has talked to Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers-or the rest of the Three's Company cast? I kind of liked the 1st Problem Child movie too, that he was in. The kid in it looked exactly like my cousin, and acted like him too. What a total bummer. May his memory live on.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though I'm thinking more about Johnny Cash passing losing John Ritter as well (and so young) is making today worse. R.I.P. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why does it always happen in 3's? charles bronson, johnny cash, and john ritter.

just not that long ago, we lost barry white,bob hope and celia cruz. [Frown]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie:

You're right.

And has anybody noticed that quite a big number of showbiz celebs have passed away this year?

Of course, celebs pass away in any year, but it seems 2003 has seen a lot more prominent deaths compared to most other years.

And this year is not even close to being over yet!
[Frown]

It's just makes me wonder who is next. [Confused]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope both John Ritter and Johnny Cash rest in peace. I was never a big fan of Threes Company, but I've always admired his talent. I grew up on Johnny Cash so I was deeply saddend to hear this news today.

I feel for their families and children.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is just too unreal!! It is hard to believe that someone so young and seemingly healthy is taken away from us. I was in total shock I still can't believe it. A ruptured aorta (spelling prob. wrong) is something that you can never diagnose. Well it just makes me thing about life and how we need to live each day to our fullest! I know it sounds chilche but it is true. I going to see my parents this weekend end now...

RIP ~ John [Frown]

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NottoocoolJulie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1580

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for NottoocoolJulie   Email NottoocoolJulie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Man in Black and John Ritter..such a sad day. [Frown]

They do go in threes. Earlier this week, for those of you familiar, Warren Zevon died on Monday..man I'm still bummed about that one too.

Dear universe, cosmos, powers that be: That's enough talent for one week. You can stop now.
Thanks.

Posts: 59 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jones4Rio
Rewinder
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jones4Rio   Email Jones4Rio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in total shock when I heard this one. It was so great to see him working on a funny tv show again. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.

About the all the famous people passing this year...don't forget cinematic legends Gregory Peck and Katherine Hepburn.

Posts: 48 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nothinlikebefore
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for nothinlikebefore   Email nothinlikebefore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just got home from work.... this news is horrible. this really brings me down. You guys are right about the vast amount of talent we have lost this year, I was just in tears when Greg Peck died. I was a huge 3's Company fan and I am really gonna miss John Ritter.
Posts: 93 | From: texas | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't the greatest thing to wake up to this morning. I liked both Mr. Cash and Mr. Ritter. "Sling Blade" was one of my favorite movies along with the tv show, "Three's Company."
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know Johnny Cash died either, what a total bum day, and today is my wedding anniversary, it is sad to think of John Ritter's family and friends, and what they are going through. Every day someone is born and every day someone dies. Who bothered me, was Maurice Gibb of the Bee Gees, his death was very senseless- and seemed like it could have been prevented. I am a huge Bee Gee fan. It depressed me when Andy Gibb died- I loved his music.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was torn when I heard the tragic news about John Ritter as well. I've always thought he was so funny and seemed like a great guy to meet. I didn't really watch much of three's company because it was a little before my time...but in the past few years I watched some of the reruns only because I thought John Ritter was so funny. I think I read in one of the articles that he died on his daughter's 5th birthday. I just about broke out in tears when I read that. My prayers go out to his family. We'll never forget you John. R.I.P
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this took about two days to sink in. But I did think of him in my prayers. I watched Threes company as a kid. i loved Problem Child. I liked seeing a more serious side of him in Sling Blade. The man brought a lot of good entertainment to people in his short time. He died too young.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard on the radio today that they are going to continue his new show without him (!) I don't know how they will pull that off........

I fondly remember 3's Company when I was a kid. Silly, but way funny.

One other memory I have of John is the movie HERO AT LARGE with Anne Archer. I really enjoyed that.

R.I.P. John.

Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Hero at Large- was he actually a superhero in that movie? I could never remember the name of that movie. But, I remembered that there was a made for tv movie with John Ritter coming on tv, when I was a teenager, and I had wanted to watch it for weeks, and my mom was watching the Love Boat episode where Julie gets married in Austrailia, and I remember that we got in to a huge fight, because she wouldn't let me change that channel, and I never got to see that movie. I have never seen it rerun either..does anyone know if you can find it on tape anywhere? I always remember wanting to have watched it. I just saw a special on John Ritter- his wife- Amy Yasbeck is 14 years younger than him. She is 40- she still looks really good. He did die on his daughter, Stella's,5th birthday-which it was 9-11- what a day. I felt so bad for Henry Winkler, they were such close friends. I always loved tv on Tuesday nights.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home