iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The greatness of Richard Pryor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The greatness of Richard Pryor
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Hey I was just thinking that Richard Pryor doesn't get the respect that he deserves on this site. Stir Crazy, The Toy, Critical Condition, Moving, and See no evil, Hear no evil. Classic movies, I was just thinking about that. Most of his movies rock. But maybe you just have to really like Richard Pryor. Heck I even watched Pryor's Place when I was like 11 on Saturday mornings.

Just a matter of opinion.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1886

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for shaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Devolution,

That's so weird, I was just thinking about Richard Pryor.
I'm trying to find sounds from Brewster's Millions.
I've got Stir Crazy and See No Evil,S N E on DVD, absolutely wicked films. Crack me up everytime I watch them.

shaz xx

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Belauan   Email Belauan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Devo

What's not to like about that guy....He's one of the best (or was?)

I'll second that...

Posts: 58 | From: Palau | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I used to fancy Molly Ringwald
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1884

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for I used to fancy Molly Ringwald   Email I used to fancy Molly Ringwald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh I was a great fan of Richard Pryor, I used to love his stand up shows, I had a few of them on vinyl.

Stir Crazy was probably his best but I also enjoyed Brewsters Millions and he was even the star in superman in my opinion.

Some of his latter films were a bit poor and it was a shame to see him in films looking so ill. In fact I feel so sad when I see how he is now.

But Pryor/Wilder what a great double act.

Posts: 67 | From: London,Uk | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I happen to think his best movie by himself was Moving, it was just great.

Too funny, dana carvey is hilarious too.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved The Toy, and Bustin Loose, and I have an episode of Pryor's Place, on a Kroft tape of all the shows from the Saturday Morning line up. I had forgotten about some of them, like Magic Mongo, and Bigfoot and Wildboy. I loved The Bugaloos, and Sigmund and the Seamonsters, and Land of the Lost-was the best! The Wonderbug, and The Farout Space Nuts,The Lost Saucer, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, H. R Puff n Stuff- the sets and costumes were so awesome. There is nothing like it now, why don't they remake that stuff. You never see actual live people on tv shows for kids anymore.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home