iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Eddie and the Cruisers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eddie and the Cruisers
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up some more cheep 80s VHSs today;

The Night Before (1988)
The Monster Squad (1987)
Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives! (1989)

not having seen any of them before, should I get & watch the first Eddie and the Cruisers before watching the 2nd?

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

You either love or hate Eddie and the Cruisers, I remember when Eddie lives came out when I was in high school and I had no interest. I don't know if you would like it, unless you want to hear "the dark side" 700 times.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching it (Eddie and the Cruisers II), ehh it's ok nothing really special, not enough to want me to splash out on the first DVD but enough to make me buy it if I see the VHS going cheap.
It did have a trailer for "They Still Call Me Bruce" on it which is great because I'm intending to make a PAL DVD-R that has both "They Call Me Bruce?" and "They Still Call Me Bruce" on it including the trailers.

As for The Monster Squad, great film, I have seen it before but my memory of it was very vague just remember the bit at the end about reading out the words from the book.

What other 'kids rule' films are there? so far I've got:

The Goonies
The Monster Squad
Frog Dreaming aka The Go-Kids aka The Quest
BMX Bandits
The Dirt Bike Kid
RAD
My Science Project
D.A.R.Y.L.
Ghost Chase
E.T.
Mac & Me
The Breakfast Club
Weird Science
Pretty in Pink
Some Kind of Wonderful
The Wizard

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stand By Me and Little Monsters
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

Good call on Stand By Me, I'd forgotten that one. What's Little Monsters like? don't think I've seen that one.

One more for the list, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, I recently did an edit of the DVD cover for the current b3ta.com challenge:
 -
Oooh I say! [Big Grin]

j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for j banana   Email j banana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my god i loved mac and me i used to watch it all the time. and now i try to tell people about it and no one has heard of it. that movie made me so emotional as a kid and mac was so damn adorable.
Posts: 37 | From: CA...on the southern side | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little Monsters is a great film starring Fred Savage and Howie Mandel. it definitely follows suit w/ ur basic "kids rule" flix. The movie is about a kid and and a kid monster who wreak havoc and learn valuable lessons aswell. lol. Great movie, one of those you see when ur young and love forever... at least for me. definitely check it out. Other movies for your list:

Adventures in Babysitting
and....
Explorers

i know there are many more...just give me time.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Just thought of another one, does Real Genius count? Wow, I'm on a roll. lol

Tootles! [Wink]

Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RiverPhoenix4life:
Little Monsters is a great film starring Fred Savage and Howie Mandel. it definitely follows suit w/ ur basic "kids rule" flix. The movie is about a kid and and a kid monster who wreak havoc and learn valuable lessons aswell. lol. Great movie, one of those you see when ur young and love forever... at least for me. definitely check it out. Other movies for your list:

Adventures in Babysitting
and....
Explorers

i know there are many more...just give me time.

Tootles! [Wink]

You are absolutely right River. Little Monsters rules all of movie history. I've loved it ever since I was very young. I still remember the first time I watched it.

"Flight of the Navigator" and "The Wizard" kicks Azz too.

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little bit of trivia for Eddie & The Cruisers II. The bass player in his band in the movie is MARK HOLMES, lead singer for the 80's Canadian Glam band PLATINUM BLONDE. Back in the early to mid 80's they were Canada's answer to Duran Duran with a more rock influence. Great band. Check out their CD ALIEN SHORES. That's their best one IMHO.
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha i have seen eddie & the cruisers, like 50 times..but never saw eddie lives. i hear it wasn't great. but i want to check it out sometime. i own the soundtrack from the first eddie, but my 2 favorite songs from the movie are not on it [Frown] ... "wild summer night" and "tender years."
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its clear to see that I am a huge fan of both "Eddie & The Cruisers" 1 and 2. I love both movies. I must admit that the first one was so much better than the second. I always thought Michael Pare (Eddie Wilson) was the coolest.

Eddie & The Cruisers has th best ending in my opinion. Just shocking.

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home