iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Thrashin' DVD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thrashin' DVD
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was planning to order this movie, until I noticed that the cover was in French. [Frown]
Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against French speaking people but I do have some problems with the way they always screw up their movie titles:

Skate Gang; Des cascades démentes dans un style casse-cou.

Come on, peleeeease [Mad]

Anyway, my question is, does anyone have this DVD yet and is the cover really in the French language?

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it have been the Canadian release cover you saw? often Canadian R1 DVD's have dual language covers, English & French - but what's more screwey is there are double sided covers, one side completely French and the other side has English and French text on it.
My R1 ET has English & French text on it, kinda annoying but I'm not buying it again just to try and get the American release with no French text on it.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Wizard, thx for your comment.

I have no idea if this is the Canadian version. Guess so…
I followed the link on this site which led me to amazon.com and that’s where I encountered the French cover.
I did some research myself and I only found 1 online store that displays the ‘Thrashin’ cover in English. [Frown]
If it’s a French cover, I simply don’t want it. As childish as it may seem.
The title of the movie was ‘Thrashin’ and not Skate Gang.

It’s like changing ‘The Breakfast Club’ into ‘Le Petit Dejeuner Club’

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
I have the DVD and bought it at BestBuy, so maybe Bestbuy.com
It is very english, so don't worry about that.
The extras and commentary are really cool

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey Devolution there,
That's great news. I'll do just that.

Many thx for the information [Wink]

TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Bad luck, this is what best buy.com has to say [Frown]

Currently, we ship only to U.S. states, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, and FPO or APO addresses. Both the shipping and billing address must be an address in the U.S., Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, or an FPO or APO

The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dvdsoon.com have two versions listed:

https://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-details.xml?uid=51777
- normal version

https://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-details.xml?uid=51764
- the French version as it has (v.f) in the title signifying Version Francois, despite no cover image available

DVDSoon ship worldwide. Nick if you're listening they also have an affiliate program so you could make a bit from sales on clickthroughs as DVDSoon are a cheap and pretty good site.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The Wizard:
Nick if you're listening they also have an affiliate program so you could make a bit from sales on clickthroughs as DVDSoon are a cheap and pretty good site.

Thx Wizzard,

I'll just wait a couple of weeks to buy it in order to give Nick a chance to make a link to dvd soon. (That is if he wants) I'd rather order through this site cause I appreciate it's 'no pop-up' policy.

Thanks for your help everyone [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home