iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Fav Xmas film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fav Xmas film
sladey
Rewinder
Member # 1804

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sladey   Email sladey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SCROOGED is the best xmas film murray is great in it and it makes you laugh from start to finish.

Homealone was that 80's or early 90's??

Posts: 32 | From: wiltshire,england | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2bonoman
Rewinder
Member # 1786

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for U2bonoman   Email U2bonoman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to go with "A Christmas Story". It's a classic! We watch it every year, sometimes twice a year... [Smile]
Posts: 31 | From: America | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tomer Rave
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 539

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tomer Rave   Email Tomer Rave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...
no matter how many times i've watched that movie, it always makes me laugh.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Christmas Story is a film I can watch any time of year. It's so hilarious and so pure. I think we can identify with it's characters and the feelings of young Ralphie. We've all been that age. Even though the movie takes place in a much different and older time, you can see that when it comes to being a kid, nothing has changed.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to put my vote in for "A Christmas Story" too. Great movie, any time of year.

Funny that the guy that did that also did "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" a few years earlier.

National Lampoons Chirstmas Vacation is a really good one too.

Taking place around Christmas, but not Christmas movies persay (and neither are they 80's movies) but Home Alone and The Ref are good too. But I digress...

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RowMan
Rewinder
Member # 1312

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RowMan   Author's Homepage   Email RowMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Along with A Christmas Story, Scrooged, and Christmas Vacation, I throw Die Hard into my Christmas mix, as well.
Posts: 35 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and now..Ernest Saves Christmas. I like movies that aren't about Christmas, but it's part of the movie like Die Hard-and Lethal Weapon,and Gremlins. How about Black Christmas, has anyone else seen it??
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Christmas Story never gets old.

" You'll shoot your eye out"

My favorite scene is the tongue dare, and Ralphie leaves him "but,the bell."

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
If you are going to go with Christmas,
Scrooged does rule, but there are a few other jems that exist.

We must include Silent night, Deadly night
Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas,
Even Trading Places, although not really a christmas movie, does happen during the season.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'ma have to go with Christmas Vacation. This movie cracks me up everytime I watch it. we watch it every year...christams tradition. [Wink]
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Devolution, Trading Places always reminds me of Christmas. Dan Aykroyd dressed as santa: 'Yo Winthorpe!'

Although, the all time classic is still A Christmas Story: 'So help me God...yellow eyes!'

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emmit Otters Jug Band Christmas! I loved that when I was a kid! Thanks for reminding me about that one Devolution. I think I may have that on VHS(I taped it off of HBO years ago).

Isis9968, I've seen Black Christmas. I love horror/slasher/thriller flix. If I'm not mistaken Olivia Hussey(lead character) also starred in the 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet as Juliet. (just a bit of movie trivia)

I remember watching BC as a kid and it really freaked me out. Especially when you could see the guys eye looking at her through the crack of the door. That always sends chills down my spine!

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RowMan
Rewinder
Member # 1312

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RowMan   Author's Homepage   Email RowMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Black Christmas tagline...

"If this movie doesn't make your skin crawl, IT'S ON TOO TIGHT!"

Posts: 35 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Santa Claus: The Movie with Dudley Moore is a fun christmas film and John Lithgow is up to his great standard of playing a bad guy.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Emmet Otter- who couldn't love him?
Remember the Riverbottom Nightmare Band?

I have Black Christmas on DVD, and it was freaky, it leaves you totally hanging though at the end, I hate that about certain movies, I want to know for sure who the killer actually was, ya know? I have heard it was the prelude for other movies like When a Stranger Calls, when the guy is calling from inside the house.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two fav in no particular order:

- When Harry met Sally
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whilst I completely agree about National Lampoon's Christmas (and Scrooged is cool too) where does Christmas fit into When Harry Met Sally (apart from when they buy the tree in that ten second scene)?

[Wink]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I looked up Black Christmas on IMDb and found that it's also known as "Silent Night, Evil Night". I didn't know that until now. Just thought it was a bit interesting.
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paulshrimpton:
where does Christmas fit into When Harry Met Sally (apart from when they buy the tree in that ten second scene)? [Wink]

You're absolutely right that this isn't a real X-Mas movie Paul, but for some reason I can only enjoy this movie around Christmas time. Guess you can say it's kind of a 'personal' tradition to watch it somewhere between Christmas and New Year. [Wink]
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me_myself_and_I
Rewind Curious
Member # 1920

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for me_myself_and_I   Email me_myself_and_I   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite christmas movies is one called "It came upon a midnight clear" starring Mickey Rooney and Scott grimes as well as its a wonderfull life.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow dont get me started so may great movies, and every Christmas i have to watch them all.

Home Alone has got to be there especially the score on that, im in Christmas mode everytime i hear it,

plus what everyone else has mentioned, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Gremlins, A Christmas Story, Santa Claus The Movie,

Baz

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1886

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for shaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love National Lampoon's Xmas Vacation.
Also have to admit to liking *shaz whispers* Home Alone *shhhh, that was released in 1990*

shaz x

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a Wonderful Life
Christmas Story
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Scrooged
Miracle on 34th Street
In that order without exception.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home