iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Dream A Little Dream

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dream A Little Dream
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,
I dunno bout you guys, but I fell in love w/ this movie the first time I saw it. I can't say enough about it. A lot people think that the scene where Bobby is dancing in the gym is cheesy...given the whole MJ impersonations, but I just love it! He choreographed all his moves, they may be MJ ripoffs, but nobody could pull off an MJ ripoff like he could. My favorite quotes from the movie include:

(Bobby and Dinger at the very beginning of the movie)

Bobby- I'm in love.
dinger-that could be a problem
bobby- no, u don't understand, I'm really in love
Dinger- sure I understand, sure I do, which hand is it this week pal?

(Dinger talking to himself in Joel's car)

Dinger- wow...sh!t's gettin weird. Me, Dinger, this unbelievably good looking guy, sitting out her, freezing my a$$ off in some butt ugly red mustang.
Well... now I'm bored, what time is it? I don't have a watch, I never had I watch, why did I look at my wrist?
At a dance, dancing perfectly, w/ a hot chick. She wanted me, I know she wanted me...well ever girl wants me.
I should be in Hawaii dinking pinnocalada, looking at some Hawaii chick...HelloHoney.

sorry, but I just love this part. classic. I have the original vhs, but does anyone if it is out on dvd? Awesome, awesome soundtrack too. Jimmy Dean... great song!

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
The name of the song isn't Jimmy Dean,
it's Rock on, by Michael Damian

Originally done in 1973
by David Essex, the song isn't worth your time believe me on this.
I have the Michael Damian video on tape during my teenage taping videos phase.

It is the worst video ever

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Material girl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 348

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Material girl   Email Material girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE BOBBY'S PARENTS! THEY CRACK ME UP HOW THEY COMMUNICATE.
Posts: 69 | From: Somewhere in Middle America | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The name of the song isn't Jimmy Dean,
it's Rock on, by Michael Damian" Devolution smirked while pushing his taped up glasses up the bridge of his nose. Meanwhile making sure his pens were all in order in his pocket protector.

Just kidding!

I just thought you deserved that [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sooo stupid, i soo knew the name, but I was just thinkin Jimmy Dean in my head while typin. i have the soundtrack and I love the song. I haven't seen the video, but from DEVO's feedback it sounds pretty awful. Tootles! [Smile]
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
Hey Muffy, thanks for the dig, and I will have you know that I am now in counseling and have put in contacts because I realized that everyone is laughing at me. As for my pocket protector, well, it's gone to a better place now. Certain things just drive me a little berserk like wrong names of songs. But hey I'm only human. At least that's what the Human League sang.

We are DEVO and muffy is just too cool for school

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Devo,
Glad you thought my dig was funny and not evil. [Smile]
Truth is I really dislike that song! [Razz]
I own the soundtrack,( Van Morrison, Otis Redding, REM )so great!!! I always flip Mr. Damian so quick. On the inside jacket of the CD it has all these pictures of the movie and one pic of Mr. Damian in a leather jacket leaning up on a wall. Stupid soap star turned 80's rockstar. [Razz]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jones4Rio
Rewinder
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jones4Rio   Email Jones4Rio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I first saw this film at the movies. I think I was 13. It was the first movie I ever paid for and fell asleep in.

I remember being very excited about it. I love everyone in the cast, but it didn't engage my young mind at all.

I did have the soundtrack and that definitely was good.

Posts: 48 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Like I said in the worst movies post, this movie is just sorta black and white. Either u love it or you hate it.... but I definitely loved it!!!

Tootles! [Wink]

Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...And it's due on DVD October 21, 2003 (as you've no doubt already seen on our 'DVD News' page... [Wink]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hzorman
Rewind Curious
Member # 821

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hzorman   Email hzorman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when bobby dances in the gym is my favorite part too. i kept rewinding it until i knew the entire song and dance and then danced with him. i've been looking for it everywhere on dvd so i'm so excited for oct.21.
Posts: 9 | From: indpls.,IN.,USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home