iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Surviving-Mooy Ringwald/Zach Galligan

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Surviving-Mooy Ringwald/Zach Galligan
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else seen this tv movie with them? It is actually my favorite movie with Molly-I like all the regular ones everyone else does- Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, and Sixteen Candles. But, this movie was so well done. I always liked Zach Galligan in Gremlins, which I never understood why they only made 2 Gremlins and only 2 Ghostbusters-when they made a million Police Academies. Anyway.. I became a Zach fan from that, and he has done some really good low budget movies- Cupid and Psychic being 2 of my favs. But, did anyone else hear that he got busted for stealing a CD from a record store?? What a bummer.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My L stuck, sorry Mooy- I mean Molly
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive seen this movie,it's the one where they commit suicide isn't it?
It's a good movie and makes you really sad at what happened to them.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spyke65
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for spyke65   Email spyke65   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about that one where Molly gets pregnant and Zach wants to go to Poly Tech - but can't because they had to get married and he had to get a job to support them and they live in that crummy apartment and in the end Molly lets him go to college? I forgot the name of the movie - but is Zach in that one too?

Yeah, I heard Zach got busted for stealing a Deep Purple CD! I guess with no career - he couldn't even afford to download the CD either! [Frown]

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That movie was For Keeps, and it was a cute Molly movie too, I can't remember the guys name in it, I am sure some one else will, I never remember seeing him in anything but that movie, but I am positive it wasn't Zach.
Jones4Rio
Rewinder
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jones4Rio   Email Jones4Rio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by isis9968:
Has anyone else seen this tv movie with them? It is actually my favorite movie with Molly-I like all the regular ones everyone else does- Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, and Sixteen Candles. But, this movie was so well done. I always liked Zach Galligan in Gremlins, which I never understood why they only made 2 Gremlins and only 2 Ghostbusters-when they made a million Police Academies. Anyway.. I became a Zach fan from that, and he has done some really good low budget movies- Cupid and Psychic being 2 of my favs. But, did anyone else hear that he got busted for stealing a CD from a record store?? What a bummer.

Yeah I've seen "Surviving". Saw it cause I'm a big River Phoenix fan. He was a little boy in that one.

I just remembering it being very melodramatic.

My favorite Zach Galligan 80s flick is "Waxwork". "OOOOHH, that's gotta hurt!"

Posts: 48 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it also stars Heather O'rourke from Poltergeist!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vashti1999
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vashti1999   Email vashti1999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah I've seen "Surviving". Saw it cause I'm a big River Phoenix fan. He was a little boy in that one.

I just remembering it being very melodramatic.

I'm also a big River Phoenix fan, his performance is a main reason why I always liked "Surviving", a good, sad emotional movie. He's also great in an 80's movie I'm not sure immediately comes to people's minds when they think of him; the one he got an Oscar nomination for: "Running On Empty".
Posts: 60 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I totally forgot that it was River Phoenix that played her brother. It was such a total bummer, that after you watch it, it isn't one you can keep watching again and again. He played that part so well, it was so sad. All I could picture as her brother was Justin Henry, but that was another movie we all know and love. [Smile]
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surviving was a terffic drama. The scene on the lawn after they're discovered always gets me. Seeing big Paul Sorvino breaking down was totally heartbreaking.

Very weird that that the two youngest people in the film, O'Roarke and Phoenix, ended up dying before anyone else in real life.

Yeah I saw a quickie thing on Zach at some Hollywood record store. Shade of Winona so they pounced on it.

And it was an actor named Randall Batinkoff who played Molly's guy in For Keeps.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I also forgot about Heather O'Rourke in that movie too, that is a very odd coincidence, that the 2 youngest kids in a movie about teen suicide, died so young- and of completely different causes. I think watching it again with knowing that, would make it even more heartbreaking. Heather O'Rourke- was so adorable, that was such a tragedy. And of course, River Phoenix is such a terrible loss.
warriorwoman73
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for warriorwoman73   Email warriorwoman73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this movie when I was a pre-teen and had the book as well. There was a huge piece about this movie and teen suicide in People magazine when it came out, as teen suicide in America was at an all-time high in 1985. The movie was heartbreakingly sad, especially the horrible scene when the parents are weeping over Rick and Lonnie's bodies on the lawn. Yes, it had a few melodramatic moments, but all in all I thought it was a very good TV movie. It very accurately depicted the "ripple effect" of suicide on families and friends of those who take their own lives. River Phoenix was especially good as Philip, Rick's little brother. I still miss River Phoenix!
Posts: 22 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Dec 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought Surviving VHS tape couple of weeks ago.
IŽll try to watch it sometime soon.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home