iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What 80's actor/actress has changed their looks the most?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What 80's actor/actress has changed their looks the most?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did anyone think of the VH-1 I love the 80's show? I have seen a bunch of the 80's actors in where are they now episodes, and 2 people that I thought don't even look like the same person anymore are:
Mia Sara-from Ferris Buller
and Chris Penn- Footloose

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ur right! Mia Sara looked completely different. I think Anthony Michael Hall has just gotten better with age. it started showing around when he did Edward Scissorhands and has just blossomed since.
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite Anthony Michael Hall movie is: Out of Bounds. (Oh, and Weird Science).
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Some people get better with age- or never change- Betsy Russell- from Private Schhol -I think got better, and Morgan Fairchild has never changed-look at her in the Old Navy commercials, how is that possible? She has to be in her late 50's??
The more noticeable people, are people who were totally beautiful in the 80's they have no where to go but down, but the people who were consider nerds, have now where to go but up- and they never seem to age. Rob Lowe has stayed looking great, and so has Tom Cruise. But when you have money-like Demi Moore- you can always stay looking great-if you can keep your body in semi-decent shape.

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Michael Jackson count? He's hardly recognizable anymore from the 80's!
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Isis9968's post:
quote:

...But when you have money - like Demi Moore - you can always stay looking great, if you can keep your body in semi-decent shape.

Also, in Hollywood, it especially helps if you have money, so you can afford plastic surgery, nose jobs, boob jobs, etc. (Not that I recommend it!)

Just ask Cher!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I agree, you can buy about any body part you want any more. Some surgery I think is insane, some things like fixing your teeth, and stuff that really make you feel good about yourself then that I think is great, but boobs- I think women who have "normal" bodies, and are thin, look the best- people who are skinny/thin aren't meant to have big giant boobs, they look freaky!
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing, Red Dawn, Ferris Beuhler!) hands down. When she got a nose job, no one knew who she was anymore. I thought she looked great before. I wish she had never changed it.
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Me too, I thought she looked better looking with her other nose.

Olivia Newton John still looks great for in her 50's and so does Jacklyn Smith and Suzanne Sommers, and they have all battled breast cancer, and Kate Jackson.

I think Sharon Stone went down hill fast, and Farrah Fawcett- what happened-even for older, she just looks really odd.

I have no idea why Michael Jackson did all that to himself, I mean couldn't he afford the best plastic surgeon, I'd be really mad, if I paid good money and look what happened, he looked great when he was in Billie Jean and Beat It.

Cher did look better with a nose job, and her teeth done, but you gotta admit, she has a great body for her age, and had to work at it.

Demi Moore- I can't believe she said she never had a boob job, when you can see her in About Last Night, and there isn't anything there, to Striptease-I don't think 3 kids did all that.

Burt Reynolds would still look pretty good, if he kept his hair-which isn't even his- dark, the gray makes him look older.

Richard Gere has stayed good looking.

See people like Danny Devito- they never change their looks.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Kathleen Turner is really old looking now, and she stayed looking great through her 30's-40's.

Michael Douglas is looking old now too.

Harrison Ford-his body looked pretty good still in What Lies Beneath.
Did anyone else hear he is making a Indiana Jones sequel, and he is playing him still?

Bruce Willis never changes.

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have any of you seen the Valley Girl dvd featurette with the cast now 20 Years later? I think Colleen Camp looks different and so does E.G. Daily. Did she have something done to her upper lip?? Regardless, I always found her so cute. Also,the woman who played "Beth" (Suzy's Mom) looks exactly the same. It's incredible! I wonder if Chip is still "buff?" Hahaha [Big Grin]

As for other's, I'd have to say Anthony Michael Hall just became a total man. No more Farmer Ted...lol! Rob Lowe is still hot. I saw Andrew McCarthy on an episode of MONK and he was looking older. Kim Catrell looks amazing and so does Sara Jessica Parker! Demi Moore's mouth looked a little funny in Charlie's Angels, perhaps the plastic surgery did it. And finally, Jennifer Jason Leigh looks completely different [Eek!] .

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Have any of you seen the Valley Girl dvd featurette with the cast now 20 Years later? I think Colleen Camp looks different and so does E.G. Daily. Did she have something done to her upper lip?? Regardless, I always found her so cute. Also,the woman who played "Beth" (Suzy's Mom) looks exactly the same. It's incredible! .

Lee Purcell played Beth. She does look almost the same. Apparently without plastic surgery too. Colleen Camp looks like she put on at least 50 lbs. over the years. E.G. Daily has had plastic surgery. For sure on her upper lip and most likely on her nose.
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I asked this before, but has anyone else seen The Joy of Sex, it has all those same people from Valley girl, Colleen Camp is in it, and she is a police officer, and goes back to high school-undercover, and is a narc. It is so funny. The guy that plays Fred is in it, and he has blonde hair, and is real preppy in it. Beth from Valley Girl was in the 80's tv movie with the incredible Hulk, The Return of the Incredible Hulk, she played David Banner's girl friend. I kind of thought the movies they spun off the series-which was excellent, were weird. Especially this one, with Thor-boy did that guy change over the years.

Rick Springfield has changed his looks entirely- I thought he was so cute, I loved him in the 80's. He was one of my favorite singers.

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Although Leif Garrett is considered to be more of an 70's teenybopper act than an 80's act, I'm going to mention him here.

His pictures from his youthful heyday with long wavy hair back in the 70's and early 80's, has now given way to his grungy look today! You can hardly suspect that it's the same guy!

http://dophinefrazier.tripod.com/behindbtm.html

http://www.geocities.com/moegal97/recentleifarticles.html

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer Grey...its eerie...that is NOT the same person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Isis9968's post:
quote:

Kathleen Turner is really old looking now, and she stayed looking great through her 30's-40's.

Michael Douglas is looking old now too.

Harrison Ford-his body looked pretty good still in What Lies Beneath. Did anyone else hear he is making an "Indiana Jones" sequel, and he is playing him still?

Bruce Willis never changes.

Kathleen Turner has always had that sultry Lauren Bacall-type of voice. Very sexy. As for her looks, you're right, she has shown her age.

Michael Douglas is looking older, though that's not a bad thing. He has seems to have aged gracefully.

Harrison Ford has always had that rugged look, but you can see that he's getting older. And yes, he's going to do the Indiana Jones sequel, which will come next year or two years from now. But he is 61 years old now, and he starting to look out of place in the last few action films he's been doing the last few years.

Bruce Willis? Yeah, he's always been balding.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah, like if your bald at 25, you still look good at 55.If your in great shape. That's what I mean. I still can't believe Mia Sara, she had such beautiful long brown hair, and she chopped it all off and dyed it blonde, Why? It's like the same thing Joan Jett did. Did anyone know that Winona Ryder was a natural blonde? And dyed her hair from Lucas on, and that Edward Scissorhands she went back to being a blonde, I just thought she did it for that 1 movie, I didn't like her hair blonde. It is amazing though how some people can be either and look good either way. Scott Baio and John Stamos still look young-they haven't changed much, neither did Kevin Bacon. John Travolta has never changed much either, he looks different, but not older. Kristy McNichol looked really bad, when I saw her last,and that was years ago, I heard she has had a rough time in life, personally. Matt Dillion still looks really good.
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ERIC 31:
Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing, Red Dawn, Ferris Beuhler!) hands down. When she got a nose job, no one knew who she was anymore. I thought she looked great before. I wish she had never changed it.

Most definately have to agree with you on this one. In fact i think even she has said that it was a mistake and was detrimental to her career.
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While watching the extra features on the Thrashin’ dvd I was shocked to see Robert Rusler ( Hook ) again.
He’s hardly recognizable anymore. He looks unhealthy and sure gained some weight. [Eek!]

It's also a bit of a disappointment that Josh Brolin and Pamela Gidley were not at the reunion.
Guess they had better things to do,...

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retrohpink
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1832

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for retrohpink   Author's Homepage   Email retrohpink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer Grey

I was watching a movie the other day because I read she was in it and man I couldn't tell which one she was! I was like hm.. it must be that one because the rest are guys are the other girl is black but I wasn't really sure. You see her nose wasn't like the prettiest but she looked nice and different from most girls. And now with the nose job its just weird to think she is the same person.

Posts: 65 | From: lisbon, portugal | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nothinlikebefore
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for nothinlikebefore   Email nothinlikebefore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I saw 91/2 weeks I thought Mickey Rourke was so good looking. I wasn't familiar with him then so I did a search online... I couldn't believe the pictures I saw on the sites were him. He is a different person.
Posts: 93 | From: texas | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twoparadox-m
Rewind Curious
Member # 1903

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for twoparadox-m   Email twoparadox-m   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was watching footloose the other night and looking at chris penn now what the heck happened to him
Posts: 4 | From: kansas | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nothinlikebefore:
The first time I saw 91/2 weeks I thought Mickey Rourke was so good looking. I wasn't familiar with him then so I did a search online... I couldn't believe the pictures I saw on the sites were him. He is a different person.

I agree. He looks as if he is made out of plastic now.
I was a big fan of him in the 80’s when he still made some good movies such as: ‘Angel Heart’, ‘Year Of The Dragon’, ‘Rumble Fish’ and so on. But after ‘Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man’ his career and personal life went downhill.
It’s a shame cause he had a lot of talent

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw Mickey Rourke on E!, and he's completely unrecognizable....how sad. [Frown]

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home