iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Has anyone seen the Mosquito Coast?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone seen the Mosquito Coast?
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok,
so I'm trying to get some feedback on 1986's The Mosquito Coast. This movie has Harrison Ford, River Phoenix, and Martha Plimpton. Since I'm a huge river fan, I'm trying to figure out if this movie is worth trying to locate. I've gotten mixed critiques. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanx everybody! tootles! [Big Grin]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
The mosquito coast is good, but a little wierd. Harrison Ford is a wacko in the movie. You might like it river.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx for the info DEVO! [Smile]
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jones4Rio
Rewinder
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jones4Rio   Email Jones4Rio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RiverPhoenix4life:
Ok,
so I'm trying to get some feedback on 1986's The Mosquito Coast. This movie has Harrison Ford, River Phoenix, and Martha Plimpton. Since I'm a huge river fan, I'm trying to figure out if this movie is worth trying to locate. I've gotten mixed critiques. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanx everybody! tootles! [Big Grin]

Hey fellow River-Crazy!! [Smile]

"Mosquito Coast" - ahhhh. Where to begin?

First of all, be prepared for a leisurely pace. But the movie says really important things about man and the part he takes in his own destruction.

The locations are beautiful and River is absolutely beautiful in this film. Harrison Ford gives a great performance. The supporter players, particularly Mr. Hattie, are great. It's a movie that will make you think.

You must see this film, if you are a River Phoenix fan.

Did you know Wil Wheaton almost got this part and River didn't cause Peter Weir, the director, thought River was too old. The son, Charlie, was written as 12 or so.

This is also the film that River met Martha Plimpton on. She plays a missionary's daughter. They hated each other on sight. It wasn't until a couple years down the road that they began dating.

Posts: 48 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Thanx soooo much for the info Jones. i knew that he and Martha hadn't originally gotten along, but I had no idea about the whole Wil Wheaton thing....which is pretty strange cuz I'm sorta a fanatic. lol. well, thanx for the fo again. Tootles! [Wink]

P.s. u should check the post titled "for anyone who is interested..."

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home