iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Candy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's Candy
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can still find alot of the cool candy from the 80's- like Pop Rocks, and Bottle Caps. I have been trying to find Wacky Wafers- they still make them. Look at www.grooveycandies.com Does anyone remember Freshen Up gum, you can still buy it!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlawill
Rewinder
Member # 1139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starlawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another great place for 80's candy, or any candy for that matter is hometownfavorites.com.
Posts: 48 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about cereals. Kix, Smacks, Cocoa Puffs, Cap'n Crunch Crunchberries...can't find those anymore. [Frown]
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjsacran
Rewinder
Member # 1314

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jjsacran   Email jjsacran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone remember monster chews??
Posts: 39 | From: Cookeville TN | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlawill
Rewinder
Member # 1139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starlawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they don't make kix anymore?
Posts: 48 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They still make all those cereals, I have seen them all, and still eat most of them even now. Other things I miss, are other food things, like going to McDonald's and a Big Mac actually tasted good. They started bottling the special sauce, and you could buy it in the stores. Does anyone else remember a thing called Koogle? It was chocolate mixed with peanutbutter? Or these different flavors of sort of a Kool-Aid drink mix, and you got these plastic mugs and they had faces on them- that went with the different flavors, I think they had watermelon. We used to get this red, white and blue ice cream with little candy stars in it, and mix it together to make purple. Or these popsicles, that had banana fudge and actual fudge sicles-in a pack- with red and orange popsicles. I remember Charleston Chews- which they still make-but I never heard of Monster Chews. I remember this gum, that came in a container, and it looked like a waffle, and had this syrup stuff you poured on it. We even had gum shaped like a big mac, in a big mac shaped container-like back when Big Macs, came in styrofoam! Man, do I feel old. Does anyone else know any of the things I mention, and what the name brands were?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the name of that gum that squirts when you bite down on it? And no, it ISN'T officially called "Come Gum"!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Massiveretaliation's post:
quote:
What about cereals. Kix, Smacks, Cocoa Puffs, Cap'n Crunch Crunchberries...can't find those anymore. [Frown]
I seldom eat cereal, but the one I remember eating during the 80's was Nut N' Honey. Who made that brand? Is it still around?
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
It is Freshen Up Gum, and you can still buy it. It was my favorite, I like spearmint.

That Nut N Honey could be Post-I think????

Material girl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 348

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Material girl   Email Material girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I am just dreaming but wasn't there a gum called Double E it came in grape, strawberry and Cherry and the commercial had a space theme and the gum came in a package of 10 or 12 in an plastic egg carton thing, I swear I used to buy that gum and nobodys heard of it. [Confused]
Posts: 69 | From: Somewhere in Middle America | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That website is under construction. Try this one instead.
http://www.candydirect.com/candy/home.html
I didnt go through the whole site, but did find the Freshen Up! gum there.
And for the 80s cereal freaks out there this site seems fun and actually has an 80s game you can order.
http://www.inthe80s.com/cereal.shtml
Look around has a lot of great stuff there.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MONSOON:
And for the 80s cereal freaks out there this site seems fun and actually has an 80s game you can order.
http://www.inthe80s.com/cereal.shtml
Look around has a lot of great stuff there.

Haha, I forgot all about Wayne Gretzky and his Pro Stars cereal. I ate those all the time. I hated Trix and Fruity Pebbles though, still do [Smile]
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn I wish I lived in America.....even your candy is cool!!! Most jealous [Mad]
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sladey
Rewinder
Member # 1804

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sladey   Email sladey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best candy from the 80's was John Candy.

What brill and funny actor what a shame.

Posts: 32 | From: wiltshire,england | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home