iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » mannequin...???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mannequin...???
ariah15
Rewind Curious
Member # 1776

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ariah15   Email ariah15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew McCarthy is my favorite and this is one of his movies I have not yet seen does anyone know if it is any good...???...thanks... [Smile]
Posts: 6 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Mannequin alot. I grew up watching it. To some, it might be a kind of cheesy love story, but to me its just a feel good romantic comedy that should keep you pretty entertained. I would recommend for a weekend viewing. hope that helped. [Smile]
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Mannequin!! [Big Grin] It's one of my favs. Kim Cattrall is in it too!! How cool were Hollywood's sunglasses. [Cool] " Nothing's gonna stop us now"
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
What was the name of the guards dog?
Rambo?
Isn't he the drill sargeant from police academy?
good movie,
I saw it in the movies.
Very scary.
Stay away from the sequel, it's like watching corn grow.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4160 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mannequin is great!

Watching this as a child made me fall in love with Andrew McCarthy.. it also has James Spader in a very funny role, and you gotta love Hollywood!

Duckie [Smile]

Posts: 54 | From: A Smoky Jazz Club | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orrickman
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1450

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Orrickman   Email Orrickman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely a must-see movie. I really enjoy everytime I watch it.

Both Andre McCarthy and Kim Cattrall do a great job.

Make sure you watch it!!!

Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willman85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1215

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for willman85   Email willman85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder whatever happened to Andrew McCarthy... Anyone know what he's up to now?
Posts: 72 | From: Hertfordshire UK | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Andrew McCartney in a Where are they Now episode on VH-1, does anyone watch them, they are the only good thing that is on Vh-1 anymore, whatever happened to actual music videos?? MTV and VH-1 stink, they are packed with reality crap, and talk shows-no music at all.
Anyway, I think Andrew keeps a low profile, he still does some acting, he was playing a police officer in a movie-it was a small role.

My favorite Andrew movie is Class. I did like Mannequin,it has a great sound track.
I love the scene where they are dancing in the department store and trying on all the different outfits, that is cool 80's fashion.

Posts: 13447 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for j banana   Email j banana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love mannequin sooo much i watched it all the time when i wzas little. hollywood cracked me up, with the sunglasses and the whole jelly donut thing. plus, they hang glide and ride bikes in a depratment store. it doesnt get much better. andrew mccarthy was too adorable.
Posts: 37 | From: CA...on the southern side | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlawill
Rewinder
Member # 1139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starlawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loved that movie. funny thing is, the intro has been ruined for me (with the animation) because i remember while i was watching it when i was younger, my mom was going through my backpack and she found a note i had written to a friend asking her the answers on a test. so now every time i see it i hear my mom's voice saying "WHAT IS THIS?!?!?" very scary moment. lol
Posts: 48 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjsacran
Rewinder
Member # 1314

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jjsacran   Email jjsacran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I remember watching this movie at the Drive Inn Theatre. I was Little and still loved it.
Posts: 39 | From: Cookeville TN | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home