iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » mannequin...???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mannequin...???
ariah15
Rewind Curious
Member # 1776

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ariah15   Email ariah15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew McCarthy is my favorite and this is one of his movies I have not yet seen does anyone know if it is any good...???...thanks... [Smile]
Posts: 6 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Mannequin alot. I grew up watching it. To some, it might be a kind of cheesy love story, but to me its just a feel good romantic comedy that should keep you pretty entertained. I would recommend for a weekend viewing. hope that helped. [Smile]
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Mannequin!! [Big Grin] It's one of my favs. Kim Cattrall is in it too!! How cool were Hollywood's sunglasses. [Cool] " Nothing's gonna stop us now"
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
What was the name of the guards dog?
Rambo?
Isn't he the drill sargeant from police academy?
good movie,
I saw it in the movies.
Very scary.
Stay away from the sequel, it's like watching corn grow.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mannequin is great!

Watching this as a child made me fall in love with Andrew McCarthy.. it also has James Spader in a very funny role, and you gotta love Hollywood!

Duckie [Smile]

Posts: 54 | From: A Smoky Jazz Club | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orrickman
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1450

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Orrickman   Email Orrickman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely a must-see movie. I really enjoy everytime I watch it.

Both Andre McCarthy and Kim Cattrall do a great job.

Make sure you watch it!!!

Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willman85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1215

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for willman85   Email willman85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder whatever happened to Andrew McCarthy... Anyone know what he's up to now?
Posts: 72 | From: Hertfordshire UK | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Andrew McCartney in a Where are they Now episode on VH-1, does anyone watch them, they are the only good thing that is on Vh-1 anymore, whatever happened to actual music videos?? MTV and VH-1 stink, they are packed with reality crap, and talk shows-no music at all.
Anyway, I think Andrew keeps a low profile, he still does some acting, he was playing a police officer in a movie-it was a small role.

My favorite Andrew movie is Class. I did like Mannequin,it has a great sound track.
I love the scene where they are dancing in the department store and trying on all the different outfits, that is cool 80's fashion.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for j banana   Email j banana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love mannequin sooo much i watched it all the time when i wzas little. hollywood cracked me up, with the sunglasses and the whole jelly donut thing. plus, they hang glide and ride bikes in a depratment store. it doesnt get much better. andrew mccarthy was too adorable.
Posts: 37 | From: CA...on the southern side | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlawill
Rewinder
Member # 1139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starlawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loved that movie. funny thing is, the intro has been ruined for me (with the animation) because i remember while i was watching it when i was younger, my mom was going through my backpack and she found a note i had written to a friend asking her the answers on a test. so now every time i see it i hear my mom's voice saying "WHAT IS THIS?!?!?" very scary moment. lol
Posts: 48 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjsacran
Rewinder
Member # 1314

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jjsacran   Email jjsacran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I remember watching this movie at the Drive Inn Theatre. I was Little and still loved it.
Posts: 39 | From: Cookeville TN | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home