iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ???
ariah15
Rewind Curious
Member # 1776

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ariah15   Email ariah15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about another movie that Molly Ringwald and Andrew Mccarthy were in again its called Fresh Horses I have never seen it...has anyone heard about it or seen it...I heard it wasn't too good???
Posts: 6 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was made a couple of years after 'Pretty in Pink', around the time that the whole teen/John Hughes thing was losing popularity with the general public, so it didn't do very well commercially.
In the film, Andrew plays a college preppie type, and Molly is a younger down-on-her-luck married Girl, predictably, they fall in love.
It's a lot more depressing and grown up in it's themes than Pretty in Pink, and it certainly doesn't live up to the standards of Pretty in Pink. But it's not a bad film, and if you're a fan of Molly or Andrew, it's well worth seeing.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ariah,

You know, I think I mentioned this movie in one of my posts a while back. People rarely talk about it. I actually like this movie. I bought in on VHS for like $5 not too long ago. It's a bit on the dark side but I love Andrew McCarthy. Also, Ben Stiller is in this, which I think adds to it's appeal factor. You should definitely check it out and let us all know your take on it [Wink] .

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jones4Rio
Rewinder
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jones4Rio   Email Jones4Rio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ariah15:
I heard about another movie that Molly Ringwald and Andrew Mccarthy were in again its called Fresh Horses I have never seen it...has anyone heard about it or seen it...I heard it wasn't too good???

Yeah, this was a couple of years after "Pretty In Pink". The whole Hughes-teenager thing was dead.

The big deal about this film was it was suppose to be Ringwald's attempt to tarnish her squeeky-clean image. Too bad the movie itself wasn't that good.

Of note though - Ben Stiller plays Andrew McCarthy's best friend.

Posts: 48 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home