iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Journey Of Natty Gann..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Journey Of Natty Gann..
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, does anyone remember 'The Journey Of Natty Gann'?

I recently bought the VHS of it at WalMart, it's a really great movie.. it was always on the Disney Channel when I was a kid.

I'm really suprised that there's no page up for it, seeing as John Cusack's in it.. it's about a girl (Meredith Salenger) traveling across the country to find her father.. along the way she befriends a wolf and a young drifter (John Cusack).. great family entertainment.

If you're a fan of Cusack or films about animals, I think you'd like this one.

Duckie [Smile]

Posts: 54 | From: A Smoky Jazz Club | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ariah15
Rewind Curious
Member # 1776

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ariah15   Email ariah15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Duckie:
Hey, does anyone remember 'The Journey Of Natty Gann'?

I recently bought the VHS of it at WalMart, it's a really great movie.. it was always on the Disney Channel when I was a kid.

I'm really suprised that there's no page up for it, seeing as John Cusack's in it.. it's about a girl (Meredith Salenger) traveling across the country to find her father.. along the way she befriends a wolf and a young drifter (John Cusack).. great family entertainment.

If you're a fan of Cusack or films about animals, I think you'd like this one.

Duckie [Smile]

Posts: 6 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a great movie, there are lots of old Disney movies from the 80's that are great for kids and even adults, have you seen Watcher in the Woods?? It is one of my favorites-I like Lynn Holly Johnson. Also the Escape to Witch Mountain movies are excellent. The Bad News Bears, the original Freaky Friday-the new one looks gross, The North Avenue Irregulars-it's hilarious.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH, I've seen all of those on the Disney channel when I was a kid- I can barely remember them, though.. maybe I'll check them out again.

Duckie [Smile]

Posts: 54 | From: A Smoky Jazz Club | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you want to check out an older Disney movie- The Snowball Express- was actually based on a book that my Aunt's mother-in-law and father-in-law wrote, and Disney bought the rights and turned it in to a movie, it is based on their life when they used to own and run ski resorts all over Canada and Vermont. Johnny Whitaker- plays my Uncle in the movie. It is a pretty cool movie, and since I am personally connected to the characters in it, I give it a 2 thumbs up.
The Watcher in the Woods is my favorite Disney-no cartoon movie, and we like the old movie: Charlie the Lonesome Cougar. Other great family movies are:

The Wilderness Family movies
The Dirt Bike Kid
Russkies
Born Free
Rikki Tikki Tavi
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
The Neverending Story
Labyrinth

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by isis9968:
Johnny Whitaker- plays my Uncle in the movie.

I loved Johnny Whitaker on that show from the 60's, 'Family Affair'! I'll have to check those out, thanks!

Duckie [Smile]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Johnny Whitaker-is also in the 70's show Sigmund and the SeaMonsters, which was one of my all time favs, I have every episode on tape, I love the Kroft shows, they were so awesome.
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
That's right! I've only seen a few episodes of that, but I loved it and all of the Krofft shows.. my favorite, though would have to be H.R. Pufnstuf. Land of the Lost was awesome, too.

Duckie [Smile]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
You can buy the Kroft shows at www.kidrhino.com they have all kinds of cool stuff at that site.
U2bonoman
Rewinder
Member # 1786

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for U2bonoman   Email U2bonoman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey if anyone has the Hallmark channel, "The Journey of Natty Gann" will be coming on Monday the 18th at 9 PM Eastern time.
Posts: 31 | From: America | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
Hey Isis, thanks!

... and U2Bonoman, welcome to the group, have fun here!

Duckie [Smile]

U2bonoman
Rewinder
Member # 1786

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for U2bonoman   Email U2bonoman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the welcome. Having fun so far!! [Smile]
Posts: 31 | From: America | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home