iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » There should be some jems on this post!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: There should be some jems on this post!!!
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
Ok, now, I know that some of you are going to come up with an 80's movie, and some of you might not have been old enough to have gone to the movies by yourself in the 80's, but that's ok.
With that I give you...
Name the movie that you wish you hadn't spent money on seeing it in the movies!!!
I do happen to have an 80's movie,
as I unfortunately say
U2 Rattle and Hum in the movies
I am never going to get that $7.00 back.
Damn.

Who else has seen a movie so bad you should have just given the money to a bum outside the movie theater?

Only movies that you saw in the movies please, rentals don't count. That's a whole other post.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the South Park & Episode 1 movies were in the cinema I saw them twice as I had a pass allowing me to see as many films as I wanted for a month, I almost fell asleep the 2nd time I saw Episode 1 and whatever Austin Powers film was showing too. Probably would have walked out if I could have been bothered but I didn't have anything to do those afternoons anyway.

I buy more DVD's & cheap ex-rental VHS's than I could ever see in the cinema, it's too expensive, too time consuming and too far away and then you get some annoying kids in the theatre talking to their mates either on their mobile or ones sitting next to them. Last film I saw in the cinema was Matrix Reloaded.

Ghostbusters is the only film I've seen 5 times in the cinema, oh to be a kid in the 80s again [Wink]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey..

Definitely 'Nightmare Before Christmas'.. that was sometime in the 90's.

I hardly ever see movies in the theatre (I only saw that one because I had a free preview ticket).

That movie was a complete waste of time, I could barely stay awake.

Duckie [Smile]

Posts: 54 | From: A Smoky Jazz Club | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duckie,
I was actually quite partial to The Nightmare before Christmas. Maybe its just because I'm a huge Tim Burton fan! It's so funny that someone came up w/ this topic today, because last night I saw the absolute worst movie of the year.... The League Of Extrordinary Gentleman! It was absolute crap!!! I should have taken that 7$ and donated it to the film's director, seeing as how he won't have any work anytime soon, not after that disgrace! I would advise everyone to wait for cable, and then fall asleep to it in the comfort of their own home!

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RiverPhoenix4life:
Duckie,
I was actually quite partial to The Nightmare before Christmas. Maybe its just because I'm a huge Tim Burton fan!

Hey, to each his own.

But honestly, I can't really remember a thing about the movie.. it was 10 years ago, after all.

I only know that at the time it was very boring.. I think my mom liked it, though. [Razz]

Duckie [Smile]

Posts: 54 | From: A Smoky Jazz Club | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duckie,
I would advise you to try and watch this movie again if your a fan of Tim Burton's style...which I am. It's dark, and disturbing, and poetic in its own unique way. this follows suit w/ other movies of his...e.g. Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Sleepy Hollow. Ok, sorry everyone, I'm goin off the topic a wee bit here. My apologies!Tootles!

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for j banana   Email j banana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well for the most part i think im make pretty good choices in movies but recently i made 3 huge mistakes.....the hugest one being that i went and saw the HULK. dear lord. i almost ended my life in the theatre. the other two mistakes were birthday girl and original sin. man. never again.

ok and i didnt see this one in the theatre, but did anyone else hate hate hate moulin rouge?

Posts: 37 | From: CA...on the southern side | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FREEJACK with Emilio Estevez as the "good guy" and "Mick Jagger" as the "bad guy". Neither can act. Like Thurston Howel III says"I wouldve walked out on that movie if they played it on an airplane!!!!"
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
jbanana,
I must confess that I did enjoy the Moulin Rouge.... the first time. It's just one of those movies you can only watch once, or else halfway through the second time u get bored w/ it. I love Jon Leguizamo though. [Big Grin]

Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've named em before and i'll name em again. White Mischief,a crap movie with an equally crap Charles Dance and Last Exit To Brooklyn,more crap but no Charles this time,just Jennifer Jason Leigh,being crap. I saw both these at an arthouse cinema a few years ago.Damn I should have just bought some chocolate,oh the humiliation!!
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jones4Rio
Rewinder
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jones4Rio   Email Jones4Rio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A movie from the 80s I wish I hadn't paid money to see at the theatre would have to be "Dream A Little Dream".

It was the first movie I ever fell asleep during at the theatre.

Posts: 48 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Jones4Rio,
I quite liked Dream A Little Dream, but from the feedback I've recieved, people either loved it or hated it. If you want awful, you should check out the sequel. defintely on the top ten worst movies ever made list. Tootles [Wink]

P.S. love the name!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home