iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Top 5 tear-jerker scenes in 80's movies (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Top 5 tear-jerker scenes in 80's movies
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by retrohpink:
howard the duck.

i saw it when i was little and i cried so much so much so much, that my mom had to buy a plushie duck to make me feel better.

it was the first movie that i cried in.

Oh Man! This movie was very sad. I get very bummed when animal-type characters almost die or get sad or get left behind or whatever.

E.T., Howard the Duck, Harry and the Hendersons, Milo & Otis, Old Yeller, etc. All Sad!

Another very sad movie is "Of Mice And Men." Very sad especially when the dog has to be let down. And why, I ask myself, am I admitting to being sad caused from these movies? I don't know. I guess I'm just a sensitive guy. [Big Grin]

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Eddie,
Of mice and Men is totally depressing!!! Especially when Lenny accidentally kills the pup. I am such an animal person, especially when it comes to dogs. I will never watch that movie, too sad! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
Are we serious?

Howard the Duck!?!?!?!?

Remember the time that I cried at the end of Turner and Hooch?

NO! Because it didn't happen,
I respect mostly everything,
but Howard the Duck?

Come on Mr. Wilson.

We are DEVO and we didn't cry during howard the duck

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now don't get me started on "Turner & Hooch." Why did they have to have Hooch die at the end? Thats not right. But I've always loved "Howard The Duck" ever since I was like four years old. And Lea Thompson isn't too shabby either if you know what I mean.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does a movie count if you watched it in the 80's and cried??
Madame X-the old classic, is a tear jerker

Of course, Old Yeller, if you can't cry over that, then your made of stone.

I did cry at E.T, but I knew he'd be back for a visit sometime.

Mommie Dearest- if she were my mom, I'd cry!

My favorite all time movie-that I have watched in the 80's and every decade is Gone with the Wind, when Bonnie-their baby dies, breaking her neck on the horse, and when Melanie dies= get out the Kleenex!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Isis,
Mommy Dearest scarred me for life. For me it was the tag line scene of the movie... "no more wire hangers!!!!!!" Then beating her daughter w/ the wire hanger. Chrimity, tears, tears, and more tears. Tootles! [Frown]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TuffTurf
Rewind Curious
Member # 1737

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TuffTurf   Email TuffTurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This might be a chick flick but it is one of the only movies I have cried in.

BEACHES

Especially during the funeral when CeCe is the last person there and Hilary's daughter is sitting
waiting for her.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Ur so right Tuffturf,
good suggestion!

Tootles! [Wink]

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Beaches is the definition of chick flick.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Man, for all of you that didn't know, back when I started, this is where the phrase "don't feed the DEVO" comes from.

We are DEVO

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haaaaaaaaaaaa! that was a fun read........oh Devo being Devo.......

We should have a caption for this thread

(Please do not read if you want the end spoiled for any of these movies you haven't seen) [Smile]

Look at me bringing up Square Pegs in 2003.......we should dig up more threads like this.......makes me wonder what happened to Eddie and River? sad.........

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a fun read. I have not been around for that long but it is weird when you see someone on here quite a bit and then they are gone.

I'd like to add to this list Field of Dreams!! Man o man does that one kill me at the end.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tear jerkers:

The end of Without A Trace......I do the ugly cry every time.

BEACHES for sure.

The Color Purple. Watched this recently with my wife....holy boo hoo....she said it was macho to see me cry...but then again, she was laughing at me...but crying too....hmmmmmmmm [Confused]

Rocky 3....ouch...why'd they do that!!!

MASK....

Arthur....poor butler.....

[ 22. June 2011, 09:05: Message edited by: kevdugp73 ]

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony33   Email Anthony33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Field of Dreams ending, Ray seeing his dead dad as a young man

The Monster Squad "don't go, don't go away", ""byeee" and Phobe throwing the monster the stuffed animal is a nice touch, gets me every time

Turner and Hooch (dog dies saving Tom Hamks)

Rocky 3 (Micky's death)

Back to the Future (when Doc Brown gets shot by the Libyan terrorists)

and honorable mention goes to Night of the Creeps, the scene when Chris plays an audio cassette recording of his best friend JC saying goodbye to him just before he dies and telling him how to kill the creeps, especially at the end of the message when JC says "I love you. Good luck with Cynthia" Apparently, director Fred Dekker placed photos of dead bodies from war atrocities to get Jason Lively to cry for real when filming the scene.

And screw it, I'll also throw in The Outsiders, when Johnny dies in the hospital and the scene where Ponyboy later reads Johnny's letter.

Posts: 60 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home