iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Top 5 tear-jerker scenes in 80's movies (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Top 5 tear-jerker scenes in 80's movies
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Devo:
I can't stand Julia Roberts!!!!!! [Roll Eyes]
She is the same character in every movie she's in
I can't understand what makes her so likable? The only movie I can think of that she was a little different was that Mary Riley Movie. Surprise the movie did horrible. Mystic Pizza is one of my fav movies. But, not because of her. I was so exicted to hear someone say something bad about her [Big Grin]

Did anyone watch Devo on Square Pegs last week?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree that Julia Robert's acting is a little one dimensional. Even so, I would have to say That the seen in Steel Magnolias at the funeral was really heart-breaking. Great perfomance by Sally Field in my opinion. [Smile]
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FontanaG
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for FontanaG   Author's Homepage   Email FontanaG       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with the movie Say Anything, but not when he's in the phone booth but after when he is standing in the rain outside her window playing there song on the boom box, I don't about you fellas but that took it home for me, [Frown] I can remember when opps getting personal now. Aye he was head over heals in Love. Man I sound like such a girl. How about those Raiders Dud?
[Big Grin]

Posts: 59 | From: FontanaCA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FontanaG
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for FontanaG   Author's Homepage   Email FontanaG       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooops, I almost forgot how about the movie "Can't buy me love" She totaly breaks his heart in that movie, also the movie with Corrie Hans "Lucas" Now that was a sad he lied about where he lived just be like eveyone else, yet happy ending movie. [Big Grin]
Posts: 59 | From: FontanaCA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sLoveBug
Rewinder
Member # 1607

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sLoveBug   Email 80'sLoveBug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now regardless of Julia Robert's & Richard Gere's horrible acting...I stand firmly by my tear-jerking moment in Pretty Woman...

Everyone will not always agree, but hey that's what makes it more fun.

Posts: 39 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution, definitely something cosmically weird going on, I also have to agree with your comments on Julia Roberts and Richard Gere -I can't stand them!
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although (and this one is asking for comment) I kinda liked My Best Friend's Wedding, but only 'cos Rupert Everett was in it.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING!!!!
YOU CAN ALMOST TASTE THE BILE!

We are DEVO, and we hate my best friends wedding

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't mince words, Devo, say what you really think!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I love about Devolution... he's just so modest.lol. Richard Gere bugs the hell outta me too!!! Has anyone seen a movie he was in called Frist Knight... circa 1996? This movie almost made me puke! Yuck! It was a complete and utter disaster...difficult not to fall asleep in in the theater. [Frown]
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
First Knight, more like Good Knight.
Zzzzzzzzzzz....
I enjoy my blatant NYC honesty.
at times crass but never beating around the bush.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tearjerkers are great! Here's mine, but some might slide again back to the 70's.

1.) The Other Side of the Mountain-you can't get any more sad then being paralyzed, from the neck down,after being headed to the Olympics as a down hill skier. Then falling in love with a great guy-only to have him die at the end in a plane crash-the end has to be one of the saddest scenes I have ever seen. Plus it is a true story.

2.) Kramer Vs. Kramer- I bawl every time I see it, the end when she gives him back to his Dad, after she wins custody.

3.) Terms of Endearment- when the mother dies, it's heartbreaking

4.) Liar's Moon-with Matt Dillon- this is about the best movie I have ever seen..the end is so sad, but I can't say much about it, but watch it, it is the best, and very suspenseful, and just a great movie!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frankie Lives In Hollywood
Rewind Curious
Member # 1781

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Frankie Lives In Hollywood   Email Frankie Lives In Hollywood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SORRY BIT OFF SUBJECT BUT...

I just read someone refering to Joe vs The Vocano. How many of you thought to yourselvs "YOU JOE???" when watching Castaway?

Posts: 6 | From: Hollywood | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now don’t laugh, but the saddest movie I ever saw was ‘Tarka the Otter’ .
Based on the classic Henry Williamson book and set in the beautiful English countryside, Tarka the Otter is the captivating story following the life of an otter. From Tarka`s birth to his climactic confrontation with Deadlock the otter hound,
Tarka`s life is an unforgettable experience. Set in the 1920`s when otter hunting was still legal in England, Tarka must use his cunning and natural instincts to outwit not only man, but man’s best friend.... I know, it’s actually from 1979, but I saw it for the first time in the early 80’s.
As a kid I cried my eyes out with this one.

Other movies on my tearjerker list are:

- ‘The Snowman’ from Raymond Briggs. 1982 ( short animation )
- ‘E.T.’ 1982

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, Six Weeks, with Dudley Moore and Mary Tyler Moore,it is so sad. Her daughter has cancer and wants to work for Dudley Moore and helps get him elected into government. It is a total bummer.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Casualties of War" with Michael J. Fox and Sean Penn. If you don't feel sorry for the girl in this film, then you have no heart. It really brings me down everytime I watch this movie.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spyke65
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for spyke65   Email spyke65   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just here to defend Julie and Richard. "Notting Hill" is my fave Julie movie, and "Officer and A Gentleman" (which is 80's!) is my fave Richard movie.

And Led Zeppelin is cool! So is Devo (Satisfaction is my fave!) [Big Grin]

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't come up with 5. But the 'Captain, my captain' sequence at the end of Dead Poet's Society gets me every time
Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retrohpink
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1832

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for retrohpink   Author's Homepage   Email retrohpink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
howard the duck.

i saw it when i was little and i cried so much so much so much, that my mom had to buy a plushie duck to make me feel better.

it was the first movie that i cried in.

Posts: 65 | From: lisbon, portugal | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case you didnt know,LIARS MOON has two endings. In one a main charactor lives and in the other they dont. I think most of us have seen the "Dead" one.
Yes,Terms Of Endearment is another weepie.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I did not know that, about Liar's Moon, I am so glad that the one lives though, I pretended they did anyway, cause it was just too sad.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Another movie is Sophie's Choice, when she has to choose which child to let the Nazi's take, and you know they are going to kill the one she picks, and they would kill them both if she didn't choose. I can't ever watch it again, and I can't watch anything about the Holocaust,because of it being real, and just unbelievable-that it occured not that long ago.

Another movie-which it might have come out in the 90's, but I am not sure,I think it was late 80's- is Gorillas in the Mist-I can not take it when they killed Digit, and then when they kill her. I am a huge animal rights person, and that whole movie was an excellent movie, but it was a true story, and I have a hard time with reality sometimes.

rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Part Of Your World" from "The Little Mermaid"...

Yeah, I'm a guy, but this part gets to me every time. I can relate to feeling out of place and wanting to belong among normal people. Remember, I'm a 80s fanatic 20-year-old suffering from depression and a form of autism, so I can't necessarily fit in with people my age.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pretty In Punk
Rewinder
Member # 1821

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pretty In Punk   Email Pretty In Punk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Monster squad - Frankenstiens monster is gettin sucked into the vortex and the little girl is trying to stop him from going.

2. Pretty In Pink - When Andy confonts Blane at the lockers about him not gettin back t her calls and about the prom and when Ducky tells Andy to get with Blane at the end.

3. Breakfast Club - When Brian reveals why he is in detention

4. When Harry Met Sally - When they FINALLY get together..

Ferris Bueller - NOOOOO NOT THE CAR!!! LOL

Posts: 31 | From: Bratsville | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Ok,
this one might seem a bit cheesy, but it just always stuck w/ me. The scene in Can't Buy Me Love when Ronald confronts his best friend about the Halloween prank or whatever it was, And his friend explodes on him n is like "you threw sh!t on my house...you threw sh!t on my house!"
I cried, sad o so, i mean me and the scene. lol. [Frown]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home