iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Best 80's Movie Songs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Best 80's Movie Songs
iowaguy
Rewind Curious
Member # 1759

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for iowaguy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELP!!! I need to find the best movie songs from the 80's. What do you think??
Posts: 1 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Power Of Love - Huey Lewis "Back To The Future"
Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree w/ The bazman, Power of love is awesome. I actually saw Huey Lewis and the news perform last year. Twas awesome! Ne Who, well, Cyndi lauper's The goonies R good Enough is great also. Check out the video too. finally, Ben E Kings Stand By Me is incredible. I am a total sucker for corny 50's love songs. Shame on me! [Big Grin]
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
Movie songs,
way to narrow it down!
Obscure - Thunder in your heart from Rad
comedy - with one look - better off dead
horror - Dream Warriors from Nightmare on Elm street 3
Drama - She loves me from Some kind of wonderful
Teen - Wild Sex in the working class from sixteen candles
Action - Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow,
I just like die hard

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole Some Kind Of Wonderful soundtrack was great, including 'Amanda Jones'. 'I Go Crazy', and my favorite, 'Brilliant Mind'.

Most of John Hughes' earlier movies had superb tracks with a lot of the music taken from the brit-pop scene, which at the time was not well known stateside. I recon that this is one of the reasons that his moveies were do good - they had an edge to them that was different from anything else at the time.

- Your Retro God.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bboy electro pop
Rewind Curious
Member # 1763

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bboy electro pop   Author's Homepage   Email bboy electro pop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YO Da best 80s songs r
Tour de france - kraftwork
Dinn da do
Electric boogaloo- ollie and jerry
I dont wanna come down
Boogie down - al jereau? (i think dats the name)
basicly all the breakin' songs
And all of Michaels songs from (moonwalker!) [Cool]

Posts: 4 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to say the Breakfast Club song.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If You Were Here", Thompson Twins, Sixteen Candles

"Don't You (Forget About Me)", Simple Minds, The Breakfast Club

"Pretty in Pink", The Psychedelic Furs, Pretty in Pink

"If You Leave", OMD, Pretty in Pink

"Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now", Starship, Mannequin

Just a few of my favorites (can you tell I'm a John Hughes fan?) [Wink]

Duckie [Smile]

Posts: 54 | From: A Smoky Jazz Club | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squadron
Rewind Curious
Member # 1771

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Squadron   Email Squadron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, you gotta check out

"rock until you drop" from the Monster Squad

actually i've never been able to find an mp3 of this song, and the soundtrack is loooooooong outta print, so good luck with that one, but hte song rules

"I still believe" by tim capello, from the Lost Boys

and also "Big Trouble in Little China" from big trouble in little china (heh)...that song rules

peace out

Posts: 1 | From: A-town | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few of my favorites were listed above, but two of my favs that I have to turn the radio up to are:

Cruel Summer, Bananarama - Karate Kid
Glory of Love, Peter Cetera - Karate Kid II

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love " "Rock Until You Drop" " too Squadron. I always loved that song from the movie. I've been searching for that song for awhile but I still haven't found it...if it even exists anymore.
As far as my other favorite songs....hmm...there's so many to choose from...but here's a few:
Power of Love - Back to the Future
Eye of the Tiger - Rocky
No Easy Way Out - Rocky IV
Go For It - Rocky V (I"m not sure if this is an 80's movie or not...it may be early 90's)
Cruel Summer - Karate Kid
You're the Best - Karate Kid Karate Kid
On Our Own - Ghostbusters 2

Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
Rocky V is the red headed step child of the rocky movies.
Some of them just needed a paycheck.

Go for it?
I don't know, Stick with Eye of the Tiger, a much better move.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love all the songs from both Breakin movies too-especially I think it's- Ain't Nobody-by Chaka Khan,

I like Just one touch by Phoebe Cates from Private Scool- I actually like the whole soundtrack to it.

The whole soundtrack to Valley Girl, and The Last American Virgin, and I like the music from the Anthony Michael Hall movie-Out of Bounds

Hell on Wheels-Cher- from Roller Boogie

Strange Brew- from Strange Brew

The Xanadu soundtrack- I like ELO's songs

The Lost Boys soundtrack

Crazy for You-Madonna-Vision Quest

In your eyes-Peter Gabriel-Say Anything

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lost Boys soundtrack is incredible. My personal favs are:

Good Times- INXS and Jimmy Barnes

Cry Little Sister(my fav)- Gerard McMann

and...

a great cover of People Are Strange- originally done by the Doors, cover done by Echo and the Bunnymen

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is my fav too, see we aren't different at all! Hehehe. My friend, made me a collection of CD's from the 80's and put the Cry Little Sister song on there- but I had it on CD already.
But, he did put the music from Fright Night on it too-it is just music-no words, and I love it. I can't remember the name of it now.

I also love Kenny Loggins: Holiday Road, and I'm Allright from Caddyshack.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I love the goofy songs from the 80's and I told someone else about this website-I think, Duckie, but it's www.kidrhino.com, and it has Dr. Demento's hits on there, and it's a 2 disc collection of hits like: Monster Mash, and Maddah Faddah, but I like the song Junk Food Junkie-which nobody I know knows it.

I also like the song Makin It- from Meatballs, and I liked the tv show Makin too-that was on briefly.

I also love the whole soundtrack to The Night the Lights went out in Georgia, and Little Darlings-the first song, where they're singing it in the opening- it might be called: Give the boys something to dream about??

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,
Isis,
Lindsey Buckingham (fleetwood mac)sings Holiday Road, not Kenny Loggins, Just a little FYI

We are DEVO

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh, well I like him too, and actually knew that, as soon as you said it, but they do sound alike, huh?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home