iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What movie is this song in?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What movie is this song in?
Lady Depp
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 317

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lady Depp   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Depp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey.

I was wondering if this song is in any 80 movie...or ANY movie for that matter. I could have sworn I heard it in a movie, it's title is Boys of Summer. Anyone????

Posts: 26 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glen Frey. "My love for you will still be strong after the Boys Of Summer Have Gone". I dont think theres a movie,but the video was a classic.(black and white footage of a man and his wife on the beach)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure that wasn't "Don Henley - Boys of Summer" ?
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it was Don Henley. Good song, great video.

Glen Fry was responsible for "The Heat is On" I do beleive.

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wizard and superstar are correct.
i don't remember ever hearing boys of summer in an 80's movie.. but if it was.. i would like to know which one.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several songs sung/written or co-written by Don Henley (either as a solo performer or when he was The Eagles) has appeared in several movies, but "The Boys of Summer" isn't one of them. At least, not to my knowledge, anyway!

It was an outstanding music video, though!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you like the song "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley, you should check out the new cover of it by The Ataris. It's so good!! [Cool]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm listening to the cover of Boys of Summer as I write, and I absolutely love it. The Ataris are kick *** ! I actually have a vague memory of hearing this song in a movie...in fact I'm almost positive I did. Just give me some time. I'm sure that I'll wake up in the wee hours of the morning and remember it. Everyone really should check out the cover by the Ataris...almost as good as the original.
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home