iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » dvd let down :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dvd let down :(
Tommo
Rewind Curious
Member # 1734

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tommo   Email Tommo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There will be re-releases of the breakfast club, weird science and sixteen candles on dvd in the next couple months! woo! well... apart from the 'remastering' they are just standard remakes, no special features, commentry etc, seems annoying as i have read from many sources that there was approximately 4 hours of the breakfast club filmed, and im sure the others would have some outakes to, so why not put the extras on the dvd? it wouldnt be that hard, and im sure they could do commentry for these films, anyone else feel a little let down?
Posts: 9 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the worst things about a lot of 80's DVD releases is the lack of extras, but it's something that we have to live with, I'm afraid. These days, there's a whole other crew working on most movies, filming different angles, interviews, commentaries, outtakes, the whole nine yards. Back in the glorious 80's, this just didn't happen, and as such there's not so much material to fill the disc. I do agree though, that unless there's copyright or contractual reasons against it, any available deleted material could easily be included. All down in the end t the mighty dollar, and whether they believe the outlay in production costs will be worth spending. [Frown]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TuffTurf
Rewind Curious
Member # 1737

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TuffTurf   Email TuffTurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if the Sixteen Candles dvd is going to be exactly the same as the previous dvd version.

Are they going to have the original score and music instead of the elevator music they replaced it with on the dvd.

I can't even watch the dvd I have of Sixteen Candles without the Kajagoogoo song opening the movie at the high school.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In response to tuffturf and also providing an explanation as to why there will be no extra features on any of the John Hughes re-releases:

All of the soundtracks are being restored. All the rights have been cleared for "Sixteen Candles" and "Weird Science" to have their original soundtracks again. This will probably help to explain why we won't get any extra features...

At least not yet.

Why do I say that? Remember, these 3 titles ARE owned by Universal Pictures, and that studio is well-known for multiple releases of their movies. (Remind me again...How many versions of "American Pie" are out there on the market?)

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vagabondo
Rewind Curious
Member # 2091

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vagabondo   Email vagabondo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am looking for anybody who has seen ANY of the new versions os the movie to verify that the original soundtrack has been restored.

Amazon.com and Amazon.ca.com Options

#1 DVD
High School Reunion Collection: Sixteen Candles/Breakfast Club/Weird Science [3 Discs]

#2 DVD
Breakfast Club/Sixteen Candles [2 Discs]

#3 DVD
Sixteen Candles
Studio: Universal
DVD Release Date: September 2, 2003

I only want to pay for the DVD if it is the real movie with the REAL soundtrack from the first release. (Like most people do)

Thanks for your help.

[Smile]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richard_grieco
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1054

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for richard_grieco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the High School Reunion Collection but I don't know which soundtrack is which. Throw me a bone and I'll get back to you.
Posts: 27 | From: Sactomento, Californey | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The main attraction of the re-released "high school" pack is that they're in DTS.
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home