iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Outsiders

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Outsiders
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw The Outsiders for the first time today. It was o so good! What a great cast! Ne who, while I was watching the end credits i saw that Leif Garrett was in it. I was wonderin what character he played, as I am a big fan. It really was a terrific movie, is it on dvd? thanx-a-bunch! [Wink]
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, great movie, and yeah, it's on DVD, and there is a "Special Edition" being released too of it on DVD sometime soon. [Smile]

http://www.fast-rewind.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001568

Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
The Outsiders was awesome, I know that the DVD version that is out now is a major disappointment, but that follows suit with some of the other classics. The better 80's movies have horrible DVD features if any, and are usually all in mono.

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leif Garrett was the Soc who Johnny killed. The staggering drunk guy with liquor flask, Cherry Valance's (Diane Lane) boyfriend. The "one with the rings" who beat him up before the movie takes place.

Yeah, The Outsiders is one of my favorites, as are all of the SE Hinton adaptations. Great books too, I still read em'.

If you liked The Outsiders, you MUST see Rumble Fish. Francic Coppolla directed that one as well. Amazing movie. You'll see a couple familiar Outsider faces in that one.

[ 24. July 2003, 20:27: Message edited by: djcsuperstar ]

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx for the info everyone! I remember who Leif was now, it was really bugging me after I saw the credits. So wuts the deal w/ Rumble Fish? Does it have a similar theme to The Outsiders? I'm interested in the author now, can NE1 reccomend any other movies by him? Tootles! [Big Grin]
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
S.E. Hinton wrote The Outsiders when she was 16 years old, inspired by her life in Tulsa Oklahoma.

Rumble Fish is another one of her books. As is Tex and That Was Then This Is Now, which were all made into great movies. (and stay very true to the books)

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Thanx djcsuperstar,

I actually have seen Tex. That was also an incredible movie. Wow, someone has a thing for Matt Dillon.... not that I blame them [Wink] . It's amazing that she wrote the Outsiders at only 16. I myself am 16 and love to write... hope to be a screenplay writer one day, and bring back the great movie style that was the 80's. S.E. Hinton gives me hope. Much love!

RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Hey
Me again. I was intrigued to learn more about S.E. Hinton and found that I've seen another movie adaption of hers... That Was the Then, This Is now. It has Emilio Estevez as the star. I guess someone likes Emilio Estevez aswell. Can't say I blame em. Tootles!

djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
Yeah, they're all really great, and some of my personal favorites. THAT WAS THEN THIS IS NOW is finally coming out on DVD! [Big Grin] Alas, my collection will be complete. Emilio Estevez also wrote the screenplay for that and directed that.

I agree. As an indie filmmaker, I've written a couple of things that definitely draw some inspiration from her work.

I always said, if I get the means, I would love to do a film adaptation of her book, Taming the Star Runner. We'll see. If all goes well with this current one...

If you like those movies, you should REALLY check out "Over the Edge" -done in the late 70's. I beleive it was Matt Dillon's first movie. (you'll see a few Tex and Rumble Fish faces in it) I can't say enough about this film. One of my top 3 of all time.

Keep up the writing!

RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
That's awesome that ur a filmmaker! Best of Luck to you! Hopefully one day, I'll see "djcsuperstar" in the credits of the critically acclaimed S.E. Hinton film adaption.... Star Runner. I'll be waitin. good luck on ur current film! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home