iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » THE LEGEND THAT IS HARRISON

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE LEGEND THAT IS HARRISON
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was really shocked when reading a certain film magazine recently,to find they use the image of Harrison Ford's head to gauge a film as not very interesting.To these morons I say:Just because the guy's had a couple of bad recieved movies lately does'nt mean we should suddenly forget that he's been a major star for nearly 3 decades and has been in more box office hits than anyone else.Lets not also forget he was voted star of the decade twice (80's & 90's) and won the star of the century award in 1999. So I say respect to Sir Harrison of Ford,with thanx for some of the top movies he's made.And if he was on this forum i'd say 'Happy 60th dude' and 'nice earing'.
He'd like that! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!! surely I cant be the only one who still cares about The Harrison Man.
We must have all grown up with some of this dudes movies! How quick we all forget.
He's all alone...I can't believe it....abandoned!!
I'm still with ya Harrison,i'm here baby!
I'm feelin' your pain boy..i'm feelin it!

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, Harrison has more than is place in the world of movies and legend. Ally McBeal, Ms. Flockart, has taken him away from the spotlight. But we all should have known that he was on the downhill after Six Days, Seven Nights, not to mention that whole bad accent in K 19, let him be awesome during a time when he was. Now is not that time.
Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Harrison Ford fan too!...I loved him in all of his Indiana Jones movies and the other action movies he's done. I have to agree that most of his more recent films haven't been quite the same, but I guess that's what happens with age...I mean the guy is almost 60, so it's not as easy for him to play his usual action roles that he did in his earlier days. But anyways, I definitely have to give props to Harrison Ford for his years of excellent acting.
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harrison ford is fanatstic... just subtract the last ten years or so. My favorite Harrison movie is.... no, it's not the star wars Trilogy,..... no, it's not the Indiana series.... It's American Graffiti! Classic Movie... simply classic. Not to mention his breakthrough performance. Way to go Harrison! [Big Grin]
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my favourite of his is Blade Runner. Damn I wish they'd hurry up and release that special edition DVD set! everyone's been waiting literally *years* for them do release it
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RiverPhoenix4life:
Harrison ford is fanatstic... just subtract the last ten years or so. My favorite Harrison movie is.... no, it's not the star wars Trilogy,..... no, it's not the Indiana series.... It's American Graffiti! Classic Movie... simply classic. Not to mention his breakthrough performance. Way to go Harrison! [Big Grin]

You beat me to it. I love American Grafiti. Bob Falfa was the coolest guy in the movie in that wicked '55 Chevy.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Good to know theres still some Harri' supporters out there.Yes he's getting on a bit now and like I said before his last few films have been a bit duff,but he's still a legend.Oh and ive got to admit that I really enjoyed 6 Days & 7 Nights.I thought it was so funny! [Big Grin]
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone!
I was just watchin VH1s 200 greatest Pop Culture Icons(USA), and thought I'd mention that he ranked #46 on the list. Hats off 2 him! [Big Grin]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home