iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » strawberry shortcake remake

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: strawberry shortcake remake
sara
Rewinder
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sara   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Embarrassed] i want to know what everyone thinks about the way they have changed the timless and classic look of strawberry shortcake to look like a ugly girl version of chucky.
they gave her a straw hat and a lime green and pink stirped shirt . its awfull and i think its just wrong . so what are your comments? [Confused]

Posts: 40 | From: arlington tx | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's great that they brought her back, but I agree that she just doesn't look the same. I'm curious as to why they changed her appearance. Even her hair color is a little different. I never thought of her looking like chucky now, but you're right. I can see a similarity! Scary!
Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This upsets me how they are not only recycling 80s movies, but now cartoons!

We have Strawberry Shortcake, He-Man and Care Bears to just name a few comebacks. What's up with that?

I'd rather see all these originals on some kind of 80s nostalgic channel then watch their newer versions. It's just not the same.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FontanaG
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for FontanaG   Author's Homepage   Email FontanaG       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of cartoon remakes, I recoreds many years ago the movie version of HeMan Master of the Univers. And now they have re released the toy of the same name. My son saw the comercials and asked me if that was the same guy from the movie I showed him a while back. He wondered why they took so long to put a toy out after the movie had been out for so many years. My oldest daughter grew up on Care Bears and Strawberry short cake. Even though she is now 21 she still has some things going back to her childhood and doesn't like it when they try to redo or make new of classic things she grew up as a kid loving. [Big Grin]
Posts: 59 | From: FontanaCA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystalgirl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crystalgirl   Email Crystalgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the remake of ssc is awful I bought one of the dvds and was so disappointed it was horrible ugh we should all do a petition for an 80s cartoon channel what do you think?
Posts: 79 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlawill
Rewinder
Member # 1139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starlawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think an 80s channel is an awesome idea which is exactly why it would never happen. god forbid they put something good on tv.
Posts: 48 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara
Rewinder
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sara   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know it is just a shame. i am glad to see that i am not the only one who feels this way . whenever i would try to talk to some one about this they would just look at me like i was stupid [Razz] , but yeah an 80's channel would be awsome. [Big Grin]
Posts: 40 | From: arlington tx | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughetr has a Starwberry Shortcake book and it seems they've totally re-done the charactors (probably to make them more politically correct. For example:ones black, ones hispanic...) correct me if Im wrong: werent they all white girls???? I dont think they even HAVE the blue haired blueberry girl anymore! and she was big in the 80s. I dont like it. They shoulda just played the old ones.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it's cool how you can buy shirts and things like that, but i hate how they are re-doing the movies and cartoons and things like that. it's just stupid now.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home