iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Rare 80's Movie Soundtracks/Songs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rare 80's Movie Soundtracks/Songs
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about you guys but after watching all these movies over and over, I've grown to like alot of the music that's included.

I'm not talking about the obvious hits like "In Your Eyes" or "If You Leave." I'm talking about the more obscure songs like "Rev Up" and "Little Bitch" from Sixteen Candles or the Risky Business soundtrack that is all Tangerine Dream. The problem is you can't find alot of this music either to buy or download [Mad]

I finally found an MP3 of "Torch Song, Prepare to Energize" from Bachelor Party. Oddly enough, that song is performed by William Orbit, who has become quite popular thanks to producing hits for Madonna. But anyways, does anyone else feel my pain? These are some soundtracks/MP3's I'm looking for:

She's Out of Control-Where's the Fire/The Lonliest Heart-You Should Be Loving Me

Bachelor Party-Any song from this movie, including Adrian Zmed's "Little Demon"

Private School-How Do I Let You Know by Phoebe Cates

Making The Grade-anything from this movie.

Mannaquin-In My Wildest Dreams by Belinda Carlisle and Do You Dream About Me by ???

If anyone can point me in the right direction or has any of this stuff, I'd really appreciate it and be willing to do a trade of some of the rare stuff I do have [Smile]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bachelor Party LP is on Ebay

I would like to find The Tubes songs from My Science Project, The Monster Squad ending credits rap song and a bunch from the movie Thrashin' [Frown]

Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a song from say anything that is not on the soundtrack....see my other post called.."Help?" [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i purchased the private school lp from ebay to get that song by phoebe cates. i am also interested in the 2 songs from she's out of control..and the belinda carlisle one. i have been looking for "teen angel eyes" by tommy tutone from the last american virgin soundtrack.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willman85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1215

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for willman85   Email willman85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should be able to download "In My Wildest Dreams" by Belinda Carlisle and "Do You Dream About Me" by Alisha from Kazaa.
Posts: 72 | From: Hertfordshire UK | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I downloaded "do you dream about me" from kazaa, but it sounds terrible.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justremembering
Rewind Curious
Member # 1704

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for justremembering   Email justremembering   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for the title of a movie, I'm not sure if it was from the late 70's or early 80's. It seemed that Rod Stewart did the whole soundtrack. The scene that I remember was that the boy was climbing in or out of the maids room window while "maggie mae" was playing. If anyone know's of this movie...Please let me know.
Posts: 2 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
Funny that you should bring that up because somewhere in the mid-90's I embarked on a mission to get just about all of the songs from the Sixteen Candles soundtrack, the real one that is. I bought my movie on tape in the mid 90's and the songs are totally different from the ones that are on the DVD that I have.
For instance, in the original movie when long duck dong drops off samantha the song that is playing is Turning Japanese, by the vapors, and when The Geek takes Jakes car, the song that is playing is Young Guns by Wham.

but just for common knowledge,
Little Bitch is by the Specials
Wild Sex in the working class is by Oingo Boingo(this is the Geek dance song"alright! I knew you'd come around)
True is by Spandau Ballet
The actual soundtrack has none of these songs,
and it stinks if you want an honest opinion.

Does anyone know why this and Weird Science was rescored? I believe that National Lampoon's Vacation was also?
Is this a curse of the John Hughes movies?
Or just that the songs weren't given permission by the artists?
Thank you
We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tommo
Rewind Curious
Member # 1734

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tommo   Email Tommo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im really looking for a song in wargames while lightman is in the arcade at the beggining as far as i know the song is called 'living in the shade of a video arcade' if anyone can help me out with that it would relly appreciated.
Posts: 9 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tommo asked:
quote:
I'm really looking for a song in Wargames while Lightman is in the arcade at the beginning as far as i know the song is called 'living in the shade of a video arcade' if anyone can help me out with that it would relly appreciated.
According to the IMDB.com, there is a song titled "Video Fever" by a group called The Beepers, who I never heard before or since. Is that the one you're thinking of?
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home