iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Molly Ringwald (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Molly Ringwald
EnglishRose
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 175

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EnglishRose   Email EnglishRose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

Did any England based people see Molly Ringwald on Graham Norton the other night?

I know she was pregnant and everything but I thought she looked a bit of a mess.

She used to be my absolute style icon, especially in Pretty in Pink! If they hadn't given her name out you wouldn't have known it was her. At least not until she talked - her voice seems to be the only thing that has remained unchanged since the 80's!

Posts: 23 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Hain
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Sam Hain   Email Sam Hain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All people look different after 20 years, it's called the aging process. As far as the fashion statement goes she played a character in "Pretty in Pink" who had a wardrobe supplied to her.
Posts: 56 | From: Bismarck, ND; hopefully Phoenix, ARIDzona come spring | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm beginning to think that speech Bender gave about two kinds of fat people, those who are born fat and those who are destined to be fat, is in fact true...

-

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Material girl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 348

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Material girl   Email Material girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! she looks like Bette Midler [Eek!]
Posts: 69 | From: Somewhere in Middle America | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tori
Rewind Curious
Member # 1690

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tori   Email Tori   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's probably just baby fat
Posts: 2 | From: Indy | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam Hain wrote:
quote:
All people look different after 20 years, it's called the aging process...[snip]
Unless you happen to be "American Bandstand" host **** Clark! That guy never ages!
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SaggyBALLS
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are so cruel! It is not her fault that she looks fat! I hope all of your moms were called that when they were pregnant with you you indecent slobs!
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -  -  -  -  -
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StinkyBUTTHOLE
unregistered

Oh great! Somebody is posting up pictures of purses! Does this remotely have anything to do with Molly Ringwald? What's next???!!!
The Wizard
Member # 533

In response to SaggyBALLS outburst it's a visual Vic & Bob joke that probably only UK people will get.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara
Rewinder
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sara   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cool] i didnt see that resent one of her on graham norton . but i saw the one before that . and she has changed a lot but it happens to every one you cant stay young forever. on there she talked about all the clothes she wore on pretty in pink . and she didnt keep any of them . sometimes you get to do that but she didnt. but one thing she said that i agreed with was that she liked all the clothes except the prom dress . uggg i hated that prom dress , it was ugly and it didnt look good on her at all , but apparently she didnt think so either. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 40 | From: arlington tx | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orrickman
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1450

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Orrickman   Email Orrickman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on guys... she's probably just carrying some pregnancy weight.

She was on "Not another teen movie" a couple of years ago and she looked great!

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt [Big Grin]

Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StinkyBUTTHOLE
unregistered

what is the deal with the purses??
The Wizard
Member # 533

It's a UK joke, Vic & Bob are comedians who on their show whenever someone makes a remark or has a go at someone they hold up a handbag and go "Oooo!" as if to say the person who's arguing is acting like a right girle.
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she still looks alright for her age. 20 years later and pregnant, how'd you expect her to look?
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
I saw Molly Ringwald when she was in Cabaret, in NYC (at the old studio 54) she looked good (possible makeup)and this was earlier in the year(march?) If she is pregnant now,oh well, that picture of her isn't so great.

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

The previous time she was on Graham Norton's show (2 years ago?) she looked much better.
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the fact that Devolution started his message with: DEVOLUTION HERE,that is so cool.It's almost like he just entered the room and anounced himself.Excellent dude!!
Anyway...Molly Ringwald,she looks gorgeous in Pretty in Pink,the whole weirdo thing appeals to me.I didn't see her on Graham Norton unfortunately,but i'm sure it's just pregnancy that makes her look fat(or she cud just be fat).I was given a batch of old movie mags a while ago and in one of them theres a middle section poster of Molly in Pretty in Pink.Nice eh?
Oh and nice handbags guys!!! [Smile]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She certainly wasn't overweight in 'Not Another Teen Movie', so I guess it's just the kiddie.

Anyway, does it feel weird to anyone that those schoolkids we see on screen have families of their own now?

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orrickman
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1450

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Orrickman   Email Orrickman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it definitely feels weird.

I can't believe that Molly Ringwald is old enough to say something like "****ing teenagers" in Not Another Teen Movie or that Patrick Dempsey and Amanda Peterson are no longer seniors in High School that only worry about their popularity.

It makes me feel so old!!! Why can't we stay young? [Frown]

Oh, well, I guess we can always turn on our TV's and DVD players and dream that nothing has changed for the last 20 years [Big Grin]

Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Mollty Ringwald,but my sister saw a picture of her in US magazine recently and said "My God! She looks like Angela Lansbury!!!!" I agree that its probably the pregnancy. My face changed when I was pregnant and damnit,it never changed back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for j banana   Email j banana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah she doesnt look spectacular, but shes got that prettiness that will never go away, you know? but if you wanna talk about aging well....anyone seen anthony miuchael hall lately? he looks damn good. (sorry i changed subjects, it needed to be mentioned)
Posts: 37 | From: CA...on the southern side | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe not "damn good" as in Johnny Depp handsome, but when ya look at Anthony Michael Hall in 16 Candles and then in The Dead Zone show...whatta difference! He turned out alright!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J Banana...I definitely agree with you that Anthony Michael Hall looks "damn good". He has aged really well...he's really only gotten better looking with age...I love him in the Dead Zone...and I have to admit, I'm a sucker for the gorgeous blonde hair and blue eyed type.
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home