iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » No! Say it isn't so! The 80's remakes are coming! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: No! Say it isn't so! The 80's remakes are coming!
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An outraged djcsuperstar wrote:
quote:
Gee. How about a remake of A Clockwork Orange while we're at it. Or better yet, The Godfather?
Well, wasn't a remake made out of Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho"? And not only that, it was a shot-for-shot remake too!

The late movie critic Gene Siskel once said, "If you absolutely HAVE to remake a movie, remake a somewhat-flawed movie and not a classic."

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have distinct memories of "Reform School Girls" being a movie I watched at around 4am on Christmas morning, while waiting for my parents to wake up.

Oh yeah, I hated Edna. The woman who played her was in alot of fun B-movies at that time, and I think her character was actually named Edna in most of them.

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of djcsuperstar's post:
quote:

Oh yeah, I hated Edna. The woman who played her was in a lot of fun B-movies at that time, and I think her character was actually named Edna in most of them.

The actress was Pat Ast, who died two years ago. She got her show-biz start by hanging out with Andy Warhol and his crowd. According to the IMDB, Pat was a high-school classmate of Barbra Streisand!

Here is her IMDB profile:
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Ast,%20Pat

Hope this helps!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, hung out with the factory crowd. who knew?

yeah, i was thinking for some reason that she was also in "mountain top motel massacre" -i was wrong, been a while since i've seen that one.

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the worst movie I saw this year was a tv movie re-make of Carrie. I pretty much knew they should leave the classics alone,and boy was it terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stand it when they do this. what ever happened to the good old days when they made movies based on good books?!!! And whats wrong with re-releasing the Classic 80s movies. Dont think todays teens would like an 80s lookin Molly Ringwald?? why not?? we loved a 50s lookin Travolta in GREASE!!!! as for Rock and Roll High School,Jeoy and DeeDee Ramone are dead...and to cast anyother band would be a slap in the face. We Ramones fans would riot in the streets.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for j banana   Email j banana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anything like that...sequels, remakes, what have you= making me [Frown] and [Mad] thats all.
Posts: 37 | From: CA...on the southern side | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said it before and i'll say it again...
DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!! [Mad]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having a hard enough time with people remaking 80's songs constantly, did you hear Boys of Summer by the Ataris? But I guess John Hughes is really influential on current film directors. I kind of agree with not making a Ferris Bueller sequel, but if it was done, always thought Ferris would be in college driving the Dean insane with Cameron, neither of them attending class, but scamming their way to straight A's, hooking up with the Duck man (Jon Cryer), college hijinks galore, could have happened but might have gone into a Revenge of the Nerds direction.

Still wished that they made that sequel to Making the Grade called Tourista.

Riptide

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home