iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Goonies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Goonies
Prince
Rewind Curious
Member # 1656

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Prince   Email Prince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Goonies is my all time favorite movie!! Who else is a fan of The Goonies??
[Confused] [Wink] [Big Grin]
Prince

Posts: 5 | From: New Orleans, Louisana | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Yes, The goonies has to be one of the best films of the 80s. Its one film that i have been trying to get a copy of for 4 years, but because i live in the Uk, i havn't been able to track it down, never mind one day i guess. Anyone else out there a fan, there must be more than just two of us. [Smile]
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
innerspin
Rewind Curious
Member # 1665

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for innerspin   Email innerspin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there im must say this is one good film, i couldnt stop laughing at it, i just brought this on dvd i had it on video too, [Razz] id say karate kid was the best ever 80's movie, then there was this ... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2 | From: uk | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the Goonies, but it's not a huge favorite cuz it was a little too noisy for me. Like in real life when you get a group of kids together, they all want to talk at once and it's ANNOYING, lol. I actually enjoyed the early scenes/set-up the most. Funny stuff. But the pirate ship and of course the water slide were awesome.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a huge Goonies fan too. I loved the movie! It takes me back to when I was that age. There are a lot of similarities between the kids that I can relate to with the kids I grew up with.
Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so much of a Goonies fan that I even carry my guitar pedals and effects in tin Goonies lunchbox. I have a couple of Goonies shirts that I bought from the mall last year. The girls seem to like them. What can be said about the Goonies that hasn't been said already. Its a cult classic of sorts in my book. A great movie for the whole family.

A huge Truffle Shuffle goes out to all of you. [Big Grin]

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Goonies!...It's one of those movies that you can watch over and over again and never get tired of seeing it.
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIN1124
Rewind Curious
Member # 1674

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIN1124   Email ERIN1124   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All you Goonie lovers will love to hear this!!! They are coming out with Goonies 2!!! No Lie! Starring all the same chearacters, but now the story revolves around there children. Check it out on the internet. It will be realeased in 2004 or 2005. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 7 | From: Philadelphia PA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ERIN1124 wrote:
quote:
All you Goonie lovers will love to hear this!!! They are coming out with Goonies 2!!!
Erin:
No offense, but there are some people on this board who do NOT look foward to seeing a sequel. Especially since it's been 18 years since the original came out!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FontanaG
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for FontanaG   Author's Homepage   Email FontanaG       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all you goonies lovers did you know that there are two version of this movie one with a octopus and one with out.
Dennis [Eek!]

Posts: 59 | From: FontanaCA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<----- is not too thrilled with the talk about a sequal. anyhow, i read about that like.....a year and a half ago. is it definite or no?
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIN1124
Rewind Curious
Member # 1674

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIN1124   Email ERIN1124   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All right people! I know you all might not like the idea of a Goonies 2. But you all don't have to rain on my parade!! For God Sakes let me be happy bout this. If u don't like the idea then don't go see it. I know for sure it's not going to be as good as the first. We all know that. But if all of you think it's a dumb idea like I said don't see it. But guarenteed u all will go see it.
Posts: 7 | From: Philadelphia PA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Goonies were and are completely awesome! U kno those movies that u see when ur young and they sorta just grow up w/u. That's what Goonies was and is for me, as I am only 16. I'm aspiring to find a pirate ship aswell. NE one got any tips? Oh, and concerning the sequel, it's like what I said w/ The Ferris sequel..... Don't fix what isn't broken! Tootles!
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found out a local offbeat art theater is gonna be showing THE GOONIES in a midnight screening. Should I go both nights? Yeah! [Big Grin]
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Last, Just got The Goonies region 2 on e-bay, I can finally sit down a watch my favorate film one more time [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sladey
Rewinder
Member # 1804

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sladey   Email sladey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello fellow goonies fans this is a quality film in my top 10 for sure although the burbs is top!!

goonies 2 sounds odd dont think it will come close to the original but what sequal does??
(barr the god father part2)

Posts: 32 | From: wiltshire,england | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My uncle actually worked on the Goonies. He was the first one to test the waterslides, as he was the only one small enough to go down it. I have pics, they're classic!
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystalgirl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crystalgirl   Email Crystalgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love GOONIES!! its awesome there is just something great about an adventure film and I mean all of us at one time would have loved to have went on a treasure hunt. I think the idea of a sequeal is truly kewl:)
Posts: 79 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjsacran
Rewinder
Member # 1314

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jjsacran   Email jjsacran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goonies II, Man thats awesome
Posts: 39 | From: Cookeville TN | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocky Road!!!! That should be in the best quotes category-but we say it all the time too. Chunk loves Sloth! Are they really making a Goonies 2, they will wreck it, no doubt. I honestly haven't watch a movie since 1995-that I liked, I have watched a bunch, and tried to be very opened minded. I just watched Insomnia the other night- I mean Al Pacino and Robin Williams-how can you go wrong- well they did. UUGH. Whatever happened to Kerri Green, I loved her in Lucas too, and she did a couple other movies, and that was the end of her too. I have never seen her on anything, to see what she looks like now, does anyone know where there are current pictures of her?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the inferno
Rewind Curious
Member # 1825

- posted      Profile for the inferno     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
their should a child abuse law that says if ur kid dosent watch this movie before the age of 12 u should be locked up-this movie is the ultimate all-time kid movie ever made, i dont know a kid on earth who didnt or dosent relate to this movie-the best thing is it never gets old

NNNNNNNnoooooooooooooooooo-no Goonies 2. That will totally ruin it-the time window for a Goonies 2 ended when the 80s did. The Goonies should be preserved and kept in its own little bubble that represents childhood and the 80s. If you let air into this bubble The Goonies well Shrivel up and be a lesser form of what weve growin to know and love-If this horrible event never happens The Goonies will go done as one of the all time classics in 80s history, if not movie history

Posts: 8 | From: cali | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
Just glancing through the thread and I saw this
quote:
goonies 2 sounds odd dont think it will come close to the original but what sequal does??
(barr the god father part2)

Which brings me to my new post.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home