iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » River Phoenix

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: River Phoenix
Prince
Rewind Curious
Member # 1656

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Prince   Email Prince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I really like River Phoenix absoulty love River and my favorite movie of Rive Phoenix is Stand By Me and My Own private Idaho is great whats your favorite River Phoenix movie?

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 5 | From: New Orleans, Louisana | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Prince,

My two favourite 'River Movies' would be: Explorers and Stand By Me.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stand By Me is my favorite River movie also. He stood out in every film he was in, he made them all better. It's such a shame that we lost him when he was so young, he had a very promising film career.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic!! I would have to say my favorite River Phoenix film is A Night In The Life of Jimmy Reardon. Eventhough I read somewhere that River hated the final outcome of this movie, I enjoy it. I especially love how his character writes poems with titles like "I Was Talking To God Last Night But He Wasn't Talking To Me..." hilarious!! And who could forget his memorable monologue at the formal..."I've come back...f-you all, you all!" [Razz]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kinda overlooked: but I thought his performance as a young Indiana Jones in 'Indiana Jones and the last crusade' was excellent. I also loved 'Sneakers' and 'Stand By Me' (of course)...top actor, cant belive its gonna be coming up to 10 years, they need to give him some kinda tribute film fest at sundance.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsMarit
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1470

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for MrsMarit   Email MrsMarit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to say Running On Empty is my FAV River Phoenix movie.. Stand By Me and Sneakers round out the top three.. If you like River Phoenix and haven't seen Running On Empty.. please do it is an excellent movie.
Posts: 56 | From: Anchorage AK | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody!

I am the biggest River Phoenix fan... hence the name. lol. Well my favorite movies of Rivers' include Stand By Me(#1 all time fav), I Love u To death, and Dogfight. Dogfight is such a sincere romance story, made more believable by its' ending. Definitely watch it, if u already haven't! Running on Empty was marvelous also. Did u all kno that he received Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations for that. Kudos to him!

Oh, can someone help me out? I still have yet to see My Own Private Idaho, Thing Called Love, and Jimmy Reardon. I kno they're not all 80's movies. But can anyone tell me if They're really good. i wanna kno wether I should try 2 get copies on ebay. Thanx a bunch! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stand by Me. I watched it (for the fourth or fifth time) with my nieces 10 & 11. They said"oooh. look at that boy. he's so cute!!!!" then at the end of the movie the narrator says that Rivers charactor had been shot. My nieces let out a gasp. I said "you think thats bad.....he REALLY DID die....young" he had a great face,even watchin his movies NOW girls will look at that face and say "oooooh!"
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I here u mamamiasweetpeaches! I'm 16 and I'm totally enamored w/ River.... even though he is dead and I didn't know he existed until he ceased to. Sad, o so sad! [Frown]
Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey.. in response to RiverPhoenix4Life, I have a VHS copy of 'The Thing Called Love'.. I absolutely love it.. I've watched it many, many times (yeah, I know it's from the early 90's).. if you can get ahold of a copy, you definitely won't regret it.

An all aroun great movie.. (in my opinion!).

Duckie

Posts: 54 | From: A Smoky Jazz Club | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Thanx so much Duckie! I've been wondering, because I've heard it was crap. I heard that he sings in this movie... I'm excited about that. Thanx again!
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RiverPhoenix4life:
I heard that he sings in this movie... I'm excited about that. Thanx again!

Wow, are you in for a treat.. he does sing, and very well I might add.. even though I'm not a fan of country music (which this movie centers around), he really is enjoyable to watch.

That reminds me.. a few years ago I was trying to get the soundtrack to this movie.. I think I'll try again.

I hope you enjoy it!

Duckie [Smile]

Posts: 54 | From: A Smoky Jazz Club | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home