iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Seeking Movie Title..please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seeking Movie Title..please help
Bam Bam
Rewind Curious
Member # 1638

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bam Bam   Email Bam Bam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie I think was called Sing. I remember it was a school that every year they had there annual Sing competition. But now it was going to be cancelled. At the end the fought the system and won and the Sing competition went on.

Am I crazy?? this was a movie right? I can not find this to buy anywhere.....

Posts: 1 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only movie that I can think of that sounds somewhat familiar to that is Sister Act 2, Back in the habit. It was made in 1993. It was about a group of kids who form a group lead by Sister Mary Clarence (Whoopi Goldberg) and they joined a singing competition only to be told they couldn't do it, it was too expensive. They raise the $ and do it despite the school board saying no.

Don't know if that's what movie you're talking about but that's all I can think it might be.

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RowMan
Rewinder
Member # 1312

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RowMan   Author's Homepage   Email RowMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is it...

Sing (1989)

A woman returns to her high school as a teacher and convinces the school punk to become involved in the schools annual production "sing". When the board of education decides to close the school and refuses to allow the annual event to be held, the neighborhood and students come together to put the event on one last time. A cross between "Fame" and "Footloose".

This can be found used at Amazon.com pretty inexpensively.

Posts: 35 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsMarit
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1470

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for MrsMarit   Email MrsMarit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes this movie is most definately called Sing.. I love this movie and have it on VHS and have the soundtrack as well.. I can't wait until I can find it on dvd. That and Legend of Billie Jean..
Posts: 56 | From: Anchorage AK | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home