iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » '80s Rewind requests (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: '80s Rewind requests
Death_By_Stereo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 141

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Death_By_Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all. What are some movies that you'd like to see reviewed on The '80s Movie Rewind? (I don't work for the site, I just wanted to make some requests..)

1. National Lampoon's European Vacation
2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
3. Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie
4. Big Top Pee-wee
5. Little Monsters
6. No Holds Barred
7. The Great Outdoors
8. Teen Wolf Too

So, what movies would you guys like to see added to the site?

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with everyone of those. some of mine include:

The Gate
Invaders From Mars (1986)
Little Monsters
At Close Range
Blame It On Rio
The Longshot
etc.

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys know that we make the pages for the movies? You should make the pages. I made one recently it's fun. I believe it's on the home page in a link where it says "Do we not have a movie?" Something like that. You just fill out the info from the imdb page and write about the movie it's really easy and it tells you exactly what to do.I want you guys to put those movies on here okay [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not know that. sounds like fun. When i get time, I might give it a try. Thanks for the info Muffy. [Smile]
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie Wilson:

Blame It On Rio

Wow, I almost forgot about that movie.
I really loved it.

I know which dvd to buy next now, thx Eddie [Big Grin]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
No problem TKO. [Smile] I hope you find it on DVD. I ordered it about three months ago. Its still a very funny movie.
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my god I became OBSESSED with Michelle Johnson after that movie. To go on vacation and end up with a girl like that doing.....well, AWESOME!

I had a blast writing the BTTF Part 2 page [Smile]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Death_By_Stereo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 141

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Death_By_Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, I had no idea that us fans made the pages! That does sound like a fun task, so I might give it a shot sometime [Smile]
Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Death_By_Stereo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 141

Member Rated:
Muffy, I had no idea that us fans made the pages! That does sound like a fun task, so I might give it a shot sometime [Smile]
80'sLoveBug
Rewinder
Member # 1607

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sLoveBug   Email 80'sLoveBug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Eddie Wilson...I have a favor to ask u for... That movie The Gate what was it about ? I think I remember a movie with that name but I can'y recall very well...Thanks [Big Grin]
Posts: 39 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Material girl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 348

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Material girl   Email Material girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to see a saturday morning cartoon section. [Wink] Also the movie My Chauffer with Deborah Foreman

[ 05. July 2003, 14:05: Message edited by: Material girl ]

Posts: 69 | From: Somewhere in Middle America | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sLoveBug:
Hey Eddie Wilson...I have a favor to ask u for... That movie The Gate what was it about ? I think I remember a movie with that name but I can'y recall very well...Thanks [Big Grin]

(puts on his Eddie Wilson mask)

The text on the back of my DVD for The Gate says:

"When two friends stumble across a mysterious crystalline rock in a backyard, they dig up the ground searching for more... but instead of precious stones they unearth The Gate - an underground chamber of terrifying demonic evil. They soon realise what evil they have unleashed, as they are overcome with horrific experiences.
It is up to them to discover the secret that can lock The Gate forever.... If it's not too late."

Basically a tree gets struck with lightning one night partially destroying it so they get the tree totally cut down and taken away including the main roots leaving a big hole where one of the kids finds a geode (hollow ball with crystals lining the inside), other kid says it's worth a lot so they dig up where the tree was and find this big hole.
They find another geode, crack it open and spooky stuff starts happening, including the first kid finding his dog dead, older brother is told to take it to the vets to have it buried or whatever, gets there too late comes back and sees the hole the kids dug and so buries it in there.
The 2nd kid is into the occult and has this book about spells 'n stuff and finds out about The Gate and how it was inadvertantly opened by the dog being buried in the hole.

(yeah I'm bored)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sLoveBug:

Hi 80'sLoveBug. Sorry I didn't get back to your question sooner. The Wizard did a great job at describing the film for me. I coundn't have put it any better. The Gate is one of those movies that I used to watch when I was like 5 or 6 years old. Its a classic in my book.

Props to The Wizard for describing The Gate. [Smile]

The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] I watched the DVD so I could get the description a bit better than 'vague'. Incedentally there's an upcoming region 1 release of The Gate in November if memory serves me right, hope the picture quality is better than the region 2 which is dire and looks like they sourced it from VHS!
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sLoveBug
Rewinder
Member # 1607

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sLoveBug   Email 80'sLoveBug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a ton the Wizard & Eddie Wilson..You guys are fab...Much Love...
Posts: 39 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhutch
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1352

- posted      Profile for Jhutch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a page back in April for "The Chocolate War", but it never showed up. Oh well...
Posts: 82 | From: Southern USA | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jhutch wrote:

quote:
I made a page back in April for "The Chocolate War", but it never showed up. Oh well...
Don't despair, sometimes reviews do take a while to get posted - some of mine have also taken this long. The issue is that Nick has to check each one out, not just for accuracy but also for stuff like language, you know the score - this way we can keep our 'child-friendly' rating. This checking takes time on each submission, and as well as that his email inbox (where the notification of the review arrives) tends to run to hundreds of mails every day - trawling through that lot just to find something that he needs to look at is a full-time job.

I'm sure that the review will turn up soon. Don't let it put you off submitting more!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul's absolutely right. Some (and only some) pages do literally take 6 months to get added and I'm very sorry for that. Please don't in any way think that your efforts are unappreciated, because they certainly are!

Though Paul's reasons (above) are factors, the main reasons for delays are as follows:

1) I may not be able to find any pictures from anywhere and I hate putting up pages without pictures as each page gets it's busiest period just after being put up. So if I add pictures later, many regular visitors will have missed them.

2) The page may be need some work before putting up. Reasons might be a very sparse review or lack of soundtrack/locations info etc. If it's a film that I know quite well, than this is not so much of a problem. If I have never seen it then this can be a big problem. Obviously, I have to try and maintain quality or the site will start to get a bad reputation. [Frown]

3) A combination of the above.

In the case of the Chocolate War, then I haven't seen the movie, don't have any pictures (Though I've tried, I promise!) and just to make it worse, more than one writer submitted a review for it (this cannot happen any more since improvements were made to the submissions module) ...so... it's in the "to do" list.

As I said above, we appreciate very much your work and are adding older submissions all the time often taking many, many hours to get them together...

I quote Jamie Gardiner, who wrote the "My Mom's a Werewolf" page (that took a while to get put up):

"I was the one that helped write it. It's so great. [...] I am more of an artist then a writer and you made me sound good! Thanks [Smile] Jamie"

So, we do get there in the end and we do care, so don't worry... And thanks again for all your hard work. [Cool]

-Nick

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

I'm feeling quite bored this afternoon and want to do something involving movies so I'll grab a whole load of stills from films which are on the list but no review yet and some films that have no pics. Will post a download link when I've done some.

Any requests from my list, Nick?

My list: http://62.188.32.182:1453/~rid/80s_films.txt

Jhutch
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1352

- posted      Profile for Jhutch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for your replies. i hope it didn't seem like i was complaining--this site is awesome. definitely a cure for when you're bored at work. as far as the non-existent "Chocolate War" pics go, i could try to scan what pictures are on the vhs box. but the box is pretty old so they might turn out a bit faded. and i don't care whose review gets posted, just as long as other people get to hear about the movie...
Posts: 82 | From: Southern USA | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wiz, that'd be awesome if you could get some pics [Big Grin]

One's we really need:

RAD (1986)
Rock & Rule (1983)
License to Drive (1988)
Loverboy (1989)

Please don't forget to include suggested captions -And if anyone can get 3 'O Clock High or any of the others that we're missing I would be eternally grateful... [Cool]

Oh, and don't worry Jhutch, I didn't think you were complaining! I just felt that an explanation for anyone who's waiting for pages would be in order... [Smile]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

Nick you've confused me, out of the four films you listed 3 of them have their 4 pictures in the review [Confused] with just RAD having one picture.

I'm about to grab some stills from RAD (1986), have done some small review size stills for Vibes (1988) and my submitted review of Paperhouse (1988), which will be available at http://62.188.32.182:1453/~rid/80s/fastrewind/

Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sorry Wiz! Didn't mean to confuse [Embarrassed]

You're right about "License to Drive" and "Loverboy" but they are pretty crappola pics that I've slowly gathered over the years from wherever. Particularly, L.T.D. is a very popular page and could do with some decent pics...

But, generally, anything you can do for any of the pages lacking pics or with duff ones would be greatly appreciated... [Big Grin]

The pics on your link look great [Big Grin] -I'll try and get those done today --Thanks again [Smile]

The Wizard
Member # 533

quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
The pics on your link look great [Big Grin] -I'll try and get those done today --Thanks again [Smile]

I learnt a thing or two about image manipulation and video capture from DVD & VHS [Big Grin]

I just updated the page with pictures from RAD, I sorta got carried away so there's 30 pics to choose from. No doubt you'll find 4 you like but which four might prove difficult [Wink] (I'm aware the RAD pics do look very colourful, I haven't altered the colour levels on any of the pictures - the videos look like that)

ERIN1124
Rewind Curious
Member # 1674

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIN1124   Email ERIN1124   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garbage Pail Kids the Movie definitely needs to be on this site. I was looking all over for it. Also, Little Monsters was a great movie.
Posts: 7 | From: Philadelphia PA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home