iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » new film out today sounds like "Night of the Comet"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new film out today sounds like "Night of the Comet"
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our British friends on the boards may have already seen it (it was released over there first), but see if this sounds familiar:

Character wakes up to an empty world wiped out by infection and the remaining people alive are psychotic zombies.

Hey, NOTC was almost 20 years ago, guess it's ok for something similar to come along.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love NOTC. I'm sure there have similar movies like it before and after it was originally released. What's the name of the film that you mentioned? I'd like to see it when it comes out here.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The name of the film is '28 Days later'. It does share a lot of similarities with NOTC, it's more of a horror movie though, like one of the 'Dead' movies. If you cross both NOTC and, say, Dawn of the dead, you've got it. Incidentally, it isn't as good as any of the Dead films, or NOTC. [Frown]
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love NOTC. I couldn't remember the title.All I could remember was them hanging out at the empty radio station. [Big Grin] Thanks guys.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw night of the comet for the first time this year. I loved it!! But I must agree after hearing the story line of 28 days later it sounded almost exactly the same!! Well you can't reinvint the wheel now can we?? But I do wish that people could be a little bit more original with the script that they decide to make into movies these days!
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home