iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » river's edge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: river's edge
satya
Rewind Curious
Member # 1589

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for satya   Email satya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and while i'm here i might as well recommend you add the movie river's edge(1987) to your list....
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Hain
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Sam Hain   Email Sam Hain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's already on my list. Very good but disturbing movie. Crispin Glover puts on a very creepy performance. I too reccommend it to all of you to check out.
Posts: 56 | From: Bismarck, ND; hopefully Phoenix, ARIDzona come spring | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie was based upon a real-life case that took place back in 1981, in Milpitas, Calif., which is near San Jose, Calif.

I was living near the area at the time when the actual murder case took place. And I remember how so many people were so shocked and distressed that so many high-school kids tried to cover up a murder of one of their own.

Then when "River's Edge" came out, the local residents were so upset that a movie was made out of that tragedy, they successfully demanded the Milpitas mayor and city council to ban the movie from its local theatres! Anyone who wanted to see the movie had to travel 15-20 miles to another town. This movie is definitely one of the more grimmer films in the 80's.

For info on the movie, click on:
http://us.imdb.com/Details?0091860

For info on the actual case, click to:
http://www.geocities.com/murder_stories4/marcy_conrad2.html

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie. One of my favorite teen dramas, along with...

Over the Edge
Rumble Fish
The Outsiders
Tex (Tex's brother plays the high school teacher in The River's Edge...just a little useless tidbit)
That Was Then This Is Now (Uh Hem! Another one that should be on the list..hehe)
Bad Boys (Sean Penn, not Will Smith -duh.)
Suburbia (T.S.O.L., not Giovanni Rabisi)
Pump Up the Volume (the only 90's addition)
At Close Range (like The River's Edge, based on a true story.)

You should check these out if you haven't already. -If your on this site, you probably have.

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satya
Rewind Curious
Member # 1589

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for satya   Email satya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the soundtrack to river's edge is good too...angry thrash metal yo(SLayer)

....I think both suburbia's are good and are sort of both representative of their decades

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I liked the newer SuBurBiA as well, but that's more of a comedy.

Will Smith's Bad Boys is just awful.

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home