iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » help........please....?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help........please....?
satya
Rewind Curious
Member # 1589

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for satya   Email satya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
holy crap!...It's great that i found this type of place because i have a question that i really want answered , but still will probably not get answered due to its vagueness, but this is the best place to atleast try

I have an extremely vague, fractured memory of an 80's movie. THe scene i remember was in a highschool, and it showed kids walking through the halls and it was focused in on some main characters, and the kids who attended this school seemed sort of working class and the entire school was a mix of punkers and metallers, so i'm going to guess its from the 80's, because the 80's were the time when the whole hardcore punk thing and metal were both menacing and popular at the same time(well also the movie just seems 80's), i'm reffering to like speed metal/thrash/death metal kind of stuff, not like teased hair/skanky girls hair-metal kind of thing, but anyway i'm rambling............so it shows kids in the hall, and then i think the main character(boy) unwittingly goes into the bathroom and gets alittle ruffed up by some really tough punks, and then i remeber a scene of everyone streaming out of school, and then very vaguely a scene where the male main character is hanging around the house of a girl he liked, outside or something...

For some reason those are the only airy vague memories i have, yet for some reason i can't get it out of my head or rest till i find out what that was.

I realize with a description that vague its very unlikely anyone will know exactly but i thought i'd try, and you can still help by suggesting anything you think it might be...

ALso i say the 80's because it just feels like the 80's, i would gues 1984-1988(something makes me think 1987) if i were forced too, also those years would correspond with when hardcore punk and metal were both cool at the same time, however i don't want to constrict any guesses, with a timeframe, so guess whatever
ALso something made me think cory feldman or someone like him was in this, but i checked his biography and none of his films seem to suggest this one, so that seemed to go nowhere

the film seemed to be comedy or teen drama at best, typical 80's teen style but not to goofy or too serious

so please, please respond to this even if you don't know just to acknowledge it and make me feel like i didn't dream these movie scenes up,
(i recently saw a very quick clip of it on family channel canada,though)

Remember the most distinct scene is in the school where the school is all punk and metalled out(this wasn't no valley or preppy school)but they were punked out to a believable, realistic extent not to a cartoonish extreme

help help help . help me sleep again
desperate

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only film that I can think of which could relate to your description is Tuff Turf (1984) starring James Spader as the main character.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's Dream a little Dream with the two Corey's, one of my faves. It has a page on this site. [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or Rock'N'Roll High School Forever. Cory Feldman is in it and it is sorta punk.
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be Rock in Roll Highschool I forgot about that movie, thanks.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satya
Rewind Curious
Member # 1589

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for satya   Email satya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for responding...you may have helped me sleep as i think it might be dream a little dream...that seems the most likely, but i think i should rent those movies and check so my mind can be at ease

thank you all you are all very helpful

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home