iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What are these films like

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are these films like
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's still a heap of 80s films I haven't seen yet want to see, perhaps someone could give me an insight as to what these particular ones are like without giving any endings/crucial plot twists away? thanks

Beat Street (1984)
Fire and Ice (Animated) (1983)
Heavy Metal (Animated) (1981)
Light Speed (Animated) (1988)
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (1987) - I know the stickers but didn't know there was a film!
They Call Me Bruce? (1982) - I have They Still Call Me Bruce (1987) and thought that was pretty funny
Wild Style (1982)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh Wizard, you haven't seen The Garbage Pail Kids Movie yet? I used to watch this movie everyday when i would get home from school. Its got all kinds of cool characters like Ali Gator and Foul Phil. Great movie with great memorable lines. check it out
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES, 200 posts.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen 'Beat Street' and 'Wild Style' ( with Ilan Mitchell-Smith from Weird Science )

Both are great movies with excellent soundtracks.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correction, I haven't seen 'Wild Style' witch is another hip-hop movie.

I was confusing it with 'The Wild Life' (1984) with Ilan Mitchell-Smith, Eric Stoltz and Chris Penn :

A young man just out of high school moves into a "swinging singles" apartment with the hope of leading "the wild life." When he takes as his roommate a notorious party-animal, his plans are quickly dashed.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Correction, I haven't seen 'Wild Style' witch is another hip-hop movie.
Whoops, " witch " [Confused]

Bad grammar,...I guess this makes me a retro geek now [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home