iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » DUDE?!?!?!?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DUDE?!?!?!?!?!
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] I don't mean to make a big stink about this, but can't I and the other Female forum members be a "Dudette" instead of a "Dude"? [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] [Razz] lol

[Wink]

Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1546

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt   Author's Homepage   Email Colt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah... LOL, i was wondering why everyone on this forum is a dude... [Big Grin]
Posts: 18 | From: Germany | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Samuri,its a cool thing indeed to be called a dude [Cool] .Enjoy it and revell in all things that dude can bring you.I myself am pleased beyond belief to be a junior dude member [Smile] .I believe i am now on a path to greatness that will one day make me a senior dude member.From then on i will use my dude-ness for the forces of freedom and righteousness.And the world will be good once more....:slightly laid back,but good all the same! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And anyway, Dudette sounds like a car that your parents would drive. Totally not [Cool]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im right with you on that one buddy,it sounds like something Volvo would make.possibly!! "Hey buy the new Volvo Dudette 12.4,its bulky but fast".We could be onto something here you know....
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL -- Sorry, everyone, I was just trying to make things more fun for y'all.

I *did* think about that when I made the changes and arrived at the same conclusion. Girls can be dudes too --it a non sexist title. Just like cool... [Wink]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Man,you are so in the zone.just ridin'your own melt.very PC too.
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a "Captain Retro" when it's at home? [Smile]
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paulshrimpton:
And anyway, Dudette sounds like a car that your parents would drive. Totally not [Cool]

LOL, well, my parents would never drive something lame [Big Grin] , they drive a lifted Suburban from hell and a GT Mustang, they're cool parents [Cool]

But I actually hate being called "dude", it bugs me, but I guess if I am to be stuck with the title [Confused] , I just thought dudette would've been better IMO [Razz]

I'm sure there are other cool 80s slang you could use, like "chick", though that's kinda offensive to some women, you get the point. [Wink]

Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EnglishRose
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 175

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EnglishRose   Email EnglishRose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I would much rather be a dude than a chick. Chicks are small bundles of yellow feathers that scrap around in the dust. At least dude is cool.

Also I may just not have done my home work but how many levels are there in this gang and how do you boost you ratings?

Is there some kind of initiation test involving long walks to find a dead body or sitting through a Saturday detention?

Posts: 23 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
English Rose,after reading your deep thoughts on 'chicks' and 'dudes',I feel it only proper to give you a rating.So you need worry no more about your advancement.Dudes are cool [Cool] and so are little stars under your name. Rejoice!
Colt
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1546

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt   Author's Homepage   Email Colt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm just curious if it's actually possible that the male members are called "dudes" and the female members something else?
Posts: 18 | From: Germany | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if there's a Gender setting on the profile screen. Which according to various data protection laws around the world might land us in trouble for asking. So unfortunately, no. What you will see is that when you get over a certain number of posts you change from Junior Dude to Dude, which I guess is a kind of promotion!

What would the lovely laydeez on the site want to be called? [Confused]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
I think you kind'a covered it there dude,by simply sayin' lovely laydeez.ooh youre a smoothy [Wink] No wonder you're a god-dude now!!
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by paulshrimpton:
What would the lovely laydeez on the site want to be called? [Confused]

Hmmm, I'll give this some thought, but can we do custom titles on this Forum like on many others?
Colt
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1546

Member Rated:
ok, if you change dude to dudette (for example), would i be a "dudette" too then? [Confused] i don't wanna be a dudette... [Big Grin]
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Colt:
ok, if you change dude to dudette (for example), would i be a "dudette" too then? [Confused] i don't wanna be a dudette... [Big Grin]

No, I think "dude" would only be changed to "dudette" for Females, and you're a GSM anyways. [Wink] [Razz]
Colt
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1546

Member Rated:
ah, ok. that's what i wanted to know. i don't have a problem with my titel right now, but you can call me GSM anytime [Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
Please, please, PLEASE, can you change the Title of "Dude" for us ladies to something else, something at least female sounding, I don't like being a "Senior Dude", it is way too manly! [Frown]
Colt
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1546

Member Rated:
I don't want to call Sami a "dude" [Frown] she would kill me...
anyway, if the female members are "babes" or something, then we could know who is male and who is female [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home