iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » EVER COPIED THE ACTIONS OF A BRAT-PACKER ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EVER COPIED THE ACTIONS OF A BRAT-PACKER ?
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Youre all gonna think im crazy for this one [Razz] :but,have you ever been so impressed by your favourite teen movie or charachter that you've wanted to do something they did? OK, i know everyones wanted to be Ferris and take a red Ferrari for the day,dance on a float and be the sausage king of Chicago(who hasnt).Im talkin about those crazy scenes you see and think i gotta do that.one of my proudest moments came after seeing The Breakfast Club on vcr.i enjoyed Emilios vaulting round the library so much that i just had to copy him.now at my school the library was above the dining canteen,with a balcony to look over.so one day at the end of term,a few of us ran through the library jumpin over desks&bookcases,then out onto the balcony to vault over it and land in the canteen below.man,that was truly a cool [Cool] moment. So have any of you lot gone crazy like a movie? [Big Grin] please say its not just me [Eek!]
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HOOLIGAN
Rewind Curious
Member # 1542

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HOOLIGAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never copied but I definatly had a thing for Molly Ringwald in her teenage years, sheesh I wish she was in my high school [Smile]

[ 11. June 2003, 11:25: Message edited by: HOOLIGAN ]

Posts: 4 | From: New York City | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never have copied a Brat Packer, but i do quote lines from "The Wizard" all the time. No one ever knows what I am talking about when I say "I love the Power Glove. Its so Bad!"

and the movie gave me that secret warp hint for Mario 3, otherwise i would have never found it.

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EnglishRose
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 175

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EnglishRose   Email EnglishRose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have to join you in being very strange. I was so impressed by the acrobatics in The Outsiders (all the gang run and jump and leap on their way to the rumble) that I tried to do a backflip off a car bonet. I think it's Tom Cruise who does this movie. Anyway needless to say I miss-judged it and landed flat on my back and couldn't move for a week!
Posts: 23 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel now that I have missed out... List of things that I have never done:

• Given my underwear to a geek at a school dance
  • taken girlfriend and best chum off to the city in his stepfather's prized Ferrari
  • crawled through the ceiling space at my school, telling a joke that has no end
  • befriended a skinhead in detention, who carves images of his girlfriend with no skin on
  • attached a Barbie doll to a computer and sat there with a bra on my head, waiting to see what will happen
  • called myself 'Duckie'
  • encountered an alien with feathers called Howard
  • had sex with said alien

What a sad life I have obviously led! [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo,thanx to paulshrimpton's message,i just thought of something else i do regularly that i copied from a movie.i often have moments when i wear a bra on my head. [Wink] not all the time of course(that would just be weird [Eek!] ), only on those occasions when one is available. naturally this has raised some questions about weather im just crazy [Razz] .and what did i say when asked why i do it? IT'S CEREMONIAL [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] yay.never had a barbi doll though.
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there I was thinking that you were some kind of loon... [Wink]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Not a loon dude!!! Im just enjoying the ride and takin no prisoners. [Eek!] Come on man, you're missin' out,find a bra right now.Do it! You know you want to! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

In the middle of the office??? [Eek!] [Embarrassed]
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Anyone else wanna share some crazy stuff they did cos of a movie? come on i cant be the only one! can i ???
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Paulshrimpton.....definitely in the middle of the office.you would be elevated to God-hood.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

True - but then I could do it again in the midle of the unemployment office!
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
you are truly wise indeed shrimpmeister.but im sure the unemployment office would reward you with both applause and further work within an underwear shop.either that or have you taken away for a little rest. [Eek!] [Eek!]
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

That rest would be nice - and maybe a cup of tea as well.

However, if I did get employment in an underwear store, I'd probably get somewhere that only sold outsize garments for sweaty long-distance truckers, I'd never bet to work in Ann Summers or Victoria's Secret [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Easy there tiger.hey theres a lot to be said for the outsize garments worn by sweaty truckers.my uncle gets married in july and we're using a hefty sweaty trucker jumper as the marquee.nothing else is big enough.me i dont wear em big,im a slim dude.
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do plan to get a job at Target as "Night Clean-up Boy" sometime in the future. Then as I'm left to my lonesome at night, I plan to graze on the food, skate around in my underwear, and then discover a beautiful woman that looks alot like Jennifer Connelly.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
paulshrimpton, I think I've missed out on life too, in addition to not doing anything on your list I've never:

- accidentally gone back in time in a Delorean and almost erased myself from history
- befrended an alien who just wanted to call home
- befrended an alien who was given American citizenship
- been chased by the entire police force, swat teams and army of Chicago
- got a home visit from a $300 hooker who wouldn't leave the house and threatened by a killer pimp named Guido
- woke up in a creek finding that everyone has aged 8 years and this spaceship wants to scan my brain
- been sent dreams by an alien to make a bubble to visit them in
- got zapped into a computer to play games until I'm de-rezzed
- entered a BMX race full of the best riders in the world, and won
- read a story that never ends

I think I've been leading a sheltered life [Big Grin]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Looks like myself and the Shrimpmeister are in the presence of greatness with wise words from both a retro and a Captain retro genius.Truly we are not worthy! But hey,have you ever worn a bra on your head Weird Science stylie? On a different note,some friends and i once tried to throw a party to rival the one in Batchelor Party.It didnt come close of course:we couldnt find a donkey and hookers were out of the question.We did however raid my friends Dad's home brewed beer cabinet,which was foul,but hey!you drink it anyway cos youre too young to buy it right!A few of us wore strange ties around our heads,danced to very loud music and threw the sofa cushions at the host:just like Hanks and Zmed. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Hey we need some more crazy people to admit they did stuff they saw in a movie.i cant be the only one can i? Say it isnt so!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home